29 October, 2007

A Great Discount Makes Any Crazy Week Seem Better

This weekend was the perfect fall weekend. The weather didn't get over about 62 degrees and we spent all Saturday and Sunday working in the yard, making it look nice for winter. Hopefully this is the last time we'll have to do this until Spring. Saturday night we had Cresta and her family over for chili and pumpkin carving. We all had such a great time and the kids were exhausted (always an extra bonus!) since we put the jumper out in the backyard for them!


This week I'll be in and out of pocket quite a bit as it's going to be a completely crazy week. Here's what this week looks like for me.

Monday
-errands, errands, errands!
-make treats for mini #2's school party

Tuesday
-mini #2's pre-school Halloween party (I'm room mother)
-book club

Wednesday
-my mom arrives in town
-Halloween!
-neighborhood "Spookfest" prior to trick or treating

Thursday
-All Saints Day (Holy Day of Obligation so we'll be at mass)
-mini #1's Fall party (I am room mother and responsible for loads of stuff)
-special costume for mini #1's party
-pack

Friday
-pick up mini #1 from school early and leave for Walt Disney World

Yes, you read that right. We are making the trek to WDW. All I can say is pray for me. We are not WDW people. We are beach people and are totally regretting not doing our regular October beach trip so we can go to WDW. The kids, however, are super excited so that's all that counts. I'm sure I'll hear it from mini #1's school for taking him out of school for 3 days to be educated about the science of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, but whatever. Martha is going to be really great today (more headdresses like I showed last week!) and you don't want to miss her big Halloween show on Wednesday. This is always my favorite show every year; I can't wait!

One more thing before I go...Carrie with Pen & Parchment has been so kind to extend the discount for 20% off all winter holiday items just for Monogram momma readers. Enter MM20 at checkout now through November 14th on any items in the Winter Holiday category . Worthy of note, is that Pen & Parchment now carries 179 traditional (attach your photo) cards AND 144 digital card stock photo cards PLUS Sweet Pea’s full line. The new Sweet Pea store now lets customers view their personalization online (like Tiny Prints!) so this is very exciting! I don't know about you guys, but with the volume of holiday cards I have to send out, 20% is a huge savings for me. I hope you guys are able to take advantage of this terrific offer before it expires!

Okay folks, I'm off for today. I need to get mini #2 dressed as he and I have loads of things to do today. Have a great day!
P.S. I ended up making these for dessert Saturday night and they turned out SO CUTE and the kids loved them!

12 Comments:

Southern jezeBelle said...

you haven't told us about your bookclub in a while. what are you reading?

also, can you give more advice/tips for starting a book club. i'd love to be part of one but don't know really what to do.

Monogram Momma said...

I was thinking the exact same thing, Mrs. M. I'll do something on book club this week, and also answer your question then.

hqm said...

Your week sounds similar to mine! I have managed to schedule myself in two places at one time...not sure how I will pull that one off yet!
One day at a time....that is all I can handle!

a. said...

Ohhhh Disney, you are brave!

The Charmed Life Online said...

My family is going to WDW this weekend too. We are driving (ugh!) Thursday morning and planning on arriving Friday. We are just staying for the weekend, then heading to Marco Island for the week.

WDW is a lot of work, but it is so fun to watch your kids see the "magic". I hope you all have fun!!!

Monogram Momma said...

A., I'm either really brave or really stupid! LOL! We have been putting this off b/c we did not want to change diapers or tote a baby around WDW who couldn't do half of the things so I think they're at the perfect age to do everything at 4 & 5. Plus, we wanted them to be old enough to remember it. Those are the good points. As for the bad, WDW is not my idea of a vacation! We have already told them there is no crying or whining at "the happiest place on earth." Lets see how that works out for us though!

Monogram Momma said...

Charmed Life: That is so funny!! What are ya'lls plans? We are dining at Rainforest Cafe Sat night, then Magic Kingdom Sunday and Monday, then Sea World Tues. We head back on Wednesday (yes, we're driving too and it's going to suck!)b/c mini #1 really shouldn't be out of school. They aren't too happy about this trip so I have had to condense it a bit.

From the Doghouse said...

My folks took me out of school for my first Disney trip. The lines were amazingly smaller and I still remember the trip vividly - and it seemed like an extra-special treat because I got to get out of school. I remember it well and I'm now ... no longer eight years old.

Just Kiddin' Photography said...

I cannot believe a private school is concerned about a kindergartner going to WDW!!! It's a right of passage for goodness sake! We took our 3.5 year old daughter a few weeks ago for a "princess" trip without her brother. SO FUN. We do the Disney Vacation Club. Let me tell you...BEST DEAL IN TOWN. You get to stay in huge villas and there are tons of perks. Worth looking into. Plus, we trade it for ski weeks on our off years. Do take the time and enjoy. WDW is not your average theme park. HAVE FUN!

Unknown said...

Didn't I just get into trouble over at Pen and Parchment. Thanks for the heads-up!
And I'll be lighting a candle for you intrepid folks braving the Big Mouse.

Monogram Momma said...

Doctor's Wife: I know! We are only allowed 5 unexcused absenses the entire year! After that there are apparently repercussions. Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to fill you guys in when we get back.

Quinn: You're welcome! And please light an EXTRA candle for this WDW trip. Ugh.

The Charmed Life Online said...

We are arriving Friday and we might go to the Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom that night. It will depend on what time we arrive, weather etc. Then we are going to Magic Kingdom Saturday, and probably a different park on Sunday. Then we are off to Marco Island. Maybe our paths will cross!

Let me know about how Sea World goes I haven't been there since I was little. I hope you and the family have a great time!