20 July, 2006

Summer Reading List Addendum

WARNING: Scroll down and read my "Summer Reading List" before you read the addendum!
Well I'm back, fresh from my new bookstore and I found so many more must have books, I had to add them to my Summer Reading List. So I pulled out my ever-handy and ever present notebook that I keep in my bag (today it is my stylish paisley Ralph Laruen bag, btw), and jotted down a few more books that I am eager to buy and pass along as well. So here goes(again, in no particular order)...

First of all, I can't believe I forgot to recommend ANYTHING at all by Mary Higgins Clark if you are in a light mystery type of mood. I have been a huge fan of hers for years and her books are quick and easy to read.

24 Karat Kids by Judy Goldstein & Sebastian Stuart. This looks really funny and got rave reviews so therefore, made it's way into my shopping basket.

My Latest Grievance by Eleanor Lipman. Admittedly, I only read the back cover, but it peeked my interest enough to warrant making my list.

Target Underwear and a Vera Wang Gown by Adena Halpern. How on earth could this possibly be bad with a title like that! You know I just had to pick it up!

Daily Candy A-Z: An Insiders Guide to the Sweet Life by the editors of Daily Candy. This book had the funnest things in it when I thumbed through it. If you haven't checked out this site yet since I mentioned it last week, it really is a MUST. And although I know you all despise email spam like I do, get on their daily email list and you will be privy to loads of secret sales and discounts and tips and tricks to that sweeter life, which is always a very "good thing."

Summer Crossing: A Novel by Truman Capote. Even if you don't like Truman Capote, I feel confident you'll love this book. It looks like a great, light summer read. I don't anticipate there being too much humor, but you had to know I would throw in something classic, right?

Vroom with a View: In Search of Italy's Dolce Vita on a '61 Vespa by Peter Moore. I just HAD to add this to my list not only as an Italian who has made a few trips to Italy herself, but mostly for my sister #2 and my dad, who can frequently be seen buzzing around on their own vespas and would get a kick out of this book! So hop on a take the ride!

Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons byLorna Landvik. I know, this was already on my Summer Must Have's List, but I felt it deserved a spot on my Summer Reading List because I really enjoyed it and I think you will too.

Ok, so now that i've blown my budget this week at the bookstore (why oh why, does this always get me into trouble?!) I'm happy to pass along this list to help you blow your weekly budget too. But the good news is tomorrow is friday and that means my budget starts over. O God, Martha is cooking fresh lobster w/ Gabby's husband from "Desperate Housewives" and wearing the most adorable red & white striped lobster apron. Must go so I can find where she got them!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»