05 June, 2009

Ribbon Beaded Necklace

The moment I saw this proect I knew I had to share it with my readers. This is a fun and cute idea, although honestly, I would do the beads all the way to the end of the ribbon (all the way around the entire neck), then put in a jewelry clasp in lieu of tying the end. You can get all your supplies from my favorite online trim store, M&J Trimming.


You Will Need
-1 yard of 50mm Midori Gala Dupioni Silk Ribbon (the color used here was Pin Moon)
-1 strand of 14mm Baroque Pearls ( #41520)
-Scissors
-Straight pins
-Thread and needle or a sewing machine


Instructions
1. First fold the ribbon in half and pin it along the edge.

2. Sew the two edges together which will create a tube.

3. Turn it inside out. You need to be patient in this step, since turning the tube inside out may take you a few minutes. You can use a chopstick to push the ribbon thru. You can also use a safety pin or a paper clip.

4. Now you can start putting the pearls inside the tube, make knots on the sides of it to make it stay in place.
source & photo: M&J Trimming

3 Comments:

What Kate Wore said...

This is so cute Miss Monogram, and we just adore Midori ribbon!

Thanks for the instructions, you are too cool!

Have a superew kend!
tp

Suz said...

So cute! I'm allover this!

Suburban prep said...

This is wonderful.
Thank you so much for the instructions.