22 April, 2008

Mad for Plaid

I can't remember if I've mentioned it or not, but I'm typically not a big fan of wallpaper. Something about it screams 1983 to me and paint is just much more classic and easier to change. And if any of you have ever had to remove wallpaper, you know exactly what I'm talking about. However, I seem to be seeing it more and more in the pages of Southern Living, Coastal Living and even the home design and furniture catalogs I receive as of late.

Admittedly,I do have my downstairs powder room covered in a formal Ralph Lauren paper that I love, and overall, I guess I'm not totally opposed to it in a bathroom. So I stumbled upon a few fresh and fun plaids in a magazine a couple months and I just had to share them in case any of you were thinking about a light and summery bathroom or beach cottage.

From Blonderhome

4 Comments:

TCP said...

Hmmm, one of those would look perfect in my powder room! Thanks for sharing.

The Charmed Life Online said...

I am right with you, wallpaper is for bathrooms only. But these are mighty cute!

Melly said...

So glad you're back!! The timing of this post could not have been better as I have just started to look at wallpaper for my powder room. These choices are perfect. Thanks!!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oooh, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this -- I'm a wallpaper freak. I'd wallpaper almost every room if I could, even if it's just a simple, barely visible pattern. I love pattern on the walls! These you posted are cute!