09 January, 2008

Frugal Fido

When preppy puppy was but a tiny baby, Mr. Monogram and I were in college. With my AMEX in hand, we would frequently hit up the pet places and let me tell you, she wanted for nothing. Had I only known then, that I could have actually made those tug-o-war braids that she loved so much (I ask you, what feisty gal doesn't love a good game of tug-o-war?), I could have saved myself (okay, my dad) some serious cash.

You Will Need
-3 cute dishtowels (washed and dried)
-scissors


Instructions
1) With your scissors, cut an inch wide strip from one end of two dishtowels


2) Bunch the 3 towels together, and use one of the strips you just cut, to tie them all together very tightly.


3) Now that the 3 towels are held together, tightly braid them, and use the other strip you cut to tightly tie the other end of the braid.


This nifty little toy trick also works with fun and colorful napkins or even argyle socks.


Credit: Thanks, RealSimple!

1 Comment:

hqm said...

So fun! Looks like a GREAT project for my girls to do!
Thanks for sharing!