11 January, 2008

That's the Best They Could Do?

I have to talk Grey's. Anyone else? This writers strike has put a serious damper on my TV time and I'm really put off by it. Work it out already, people! So last night was the last original episode they taped. What can I say but YAWN. SO DAMN BORING. That was the best they could come up with?


And honestly, Meredeth? Enough already! She needs a time-out and soap in her mouth. My 4 & 5 year olds don't even whine that much, nor are they even that insecure. I like to think she is a reasonably intelligent person seeing that she's a surgeon and all, so why doesn't she realize she needs some MAJOR psychotherapy? Let's see here.... daddy issues, commitment issues, intimacy issues, trust issues. Shall I go on? She needs to pick up the phone and call Dr. Phil. Rumor has it he's looking to drum up some new clients.

I'm also not liking Christina and Izzy's new bitter relationship. Haan is boring me to death too, although I am glad they are making she and Callie friends. They'll be a good fit. As for Bailey, my favorite character on the entire show, they have really taken her character in a depressing and boring direction. I don't know why they felt the need to bring her bitter husband into this storyline but they need to steer her in a different direction and bring back her personality.

You know, I heard that Joshua Jackson (a moment of silence for Pacey from Dawson's Creek, please) was joining the cast and I for one sure as heck hope so. They need some interesting new characters because it's oftly bland since Burke and Addison left the show. All I can say is I sure hope this writers strike vacation is giving the Grey's writers a renewed sense of creativity and wit because I? Am not impressed.

14 Comments:

Suburban prep said...

I was happy to see a new Grey's but I agree it could have been better. George , Callie and George's mom were just there. Nothing really happened between them.
The whole thing with Derek and Meredith is going to drive me nuts. I want them together but she has to grow up.
There is a site-spoilerfix.com--that might give you some highlites as to anything happening. On that site it states that Joshua Jackson will not be on because of the writer's strike.

Suz said...

Oh how I love Pacey Witter. I've been watching the Dawson's dvds, seriously, that show was unmatched. And as for Greys, I can't stand Meredith, good for Derek for ending it.

I Love Your Whole Face said...

I totally agree with you. Last night was hugely disappointing. Meredith is such a whiner and I am so tired of her. I am just praying for Alex and Izzie to get back together.

hqm said...

I could not agree more...I am so over Merideth and McDreamy!
Pacey!!! That would be so exciting!
I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Amy said...

I have to agree...I hope that they will not try to substitute substance with depressing story lines. Last night was a let down...I am a long time reader, first time commenter today!

Monogram Momma said...

Welcome, Amy! Glad you chimed in!

SP: don't tell me that!!! I hope when this strike ends they will bring him on. They have REALLY got to shake this storyline up. What about bringing back that adorable vet Meredith used to see?? And I did like Izzie and Alex together. I hope they come back.

And the whole Izzie and George thing it's like they couldn't come up with anything so they just dropped it. Are we supposed to believe they were "in love" then just fell out of love just like that???

All I'm saying is I expect some AWESOME storylines after this stupid strike and not this crap we got last night!

Jacqueline said...

I agree too! How boring! It was a major let-down after all of the hype. Derek needs to just leave Ms. WhineyPants alone if she's going to act like a child, and even the Miranda's family storline bored me. Let's hope those writers are brewing up some good stuff on their break!

TCP said...

Amen! I couldn't agree with you more. After watching last night's drivel, I almost wasn't sad that there isn't a new episode coming up...

Suburban prep said...

I am not sure now about the Joshua Jackson thing. I read somewhere else that he is still going to be on if or when this strike is ever finished. They need to end this thing.
The vet Finn was played by Chris O'Donnell who grew up in the same town and we to the same school as my brothers and sisters.

magnoliabelle said...

I agree that it wasn't up to it's normal standards, but I'm so glad to have some Grey's rather than no Grey's at all (read I'd rather have some McDreamy than none at all):)

Margaret said...

I agree---Grey's definitely needs some improvement! I'm so over Meredith and McDreamy. She's an idiot to screw that up! I hate that Miranda and her hubby are splitting, too...can they not keep ANYBODY together?!?!

Also wanted to say that I love your blog and I read it daily!! :)

Elizabeth said...

I could not agree more. It was yawn city this week. So over Meredith.

Nicky C. K. said...

i really could not agree more! i'd love to give up on the series but with SO many hours invested - I'll continue to make sure the couch doesn't hit the ceiling from 9-10 pm on Thursdays!

SLC said...

Hi there. It's been a while since I've read/commented, but had to put my 2 cents in on Grey's. I have been really disappointed with the last handful of episodes. They are doing exactly what ER did years ago when I stopped watching, which is focusing more on the patients and their gross injuries (blood squirting anyone?) than on the original hospital characters. And, I couldn't even watch last week's episode when there was something wrong with Bailey's son. I just can't watch stuff like that - - too depressing even if everything was okay in the end (don't know - didn't watch). I love Joshua Jackson. It would be nice to have a new addition to the cast. I hope it gets better so I can start watching again.