12 January, 2007

I Want To Play!

I don’t know if Martha herself would give her seal of approval to this, and I feel pretty certain that Ellen (who’s show I also love) wouldn’t jump on my bandwagon to endorse this either. Much as she loves a good game, she also loves her celebrity friends. But that’s why we love her, right?

But for all you monogram momma readers out there who, like me, love your US Weekly, People magazine, Perez Hilton, and all the other celebrity gossip resources you can get your hands on, this just *might* be for you. I’ve decided to start up a Fantasy Celebrity League. That’s right! No more sitting on the sidelines while your significant other plays around with his fantasy sports league! Because now you can join your own fantasy league of celebrity gossip!!!

The game is called Girls In The Know and you’ll have to make your own agency, agency name, pick your own stars, etc.. There are drafts and point spreads, the whole nine yards! Except this is better than football- It’s CELEBRITY GOSSIP!!

I’m SO EXCITED about this, that I can’t help with all the CAPS and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!! So I’m throwing this out there to anyone at all who is interested in playing, there is no cost involved and all you have to do is email me to join the group. We compete against eachother in the monogram momma forum.
and in the subject line put...
I WANT TO PLAY!

18 Comments:

Alyson said...

IT'S ON! I would love to play! Count me in!

Unknown said...

Hey monogram momma,

Just wanted to let you know about another Fantasy Celebrity League site thats out there.

Fafarazzi.com

It's free and a bit easier to follow than GITK. Hope you like it!

Thanks,
Todd

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun....but, will instructions and rules follow? my very own Hunky Hubby does not play fantasy football (praise the Lord and pass the peas!) so I do not know how that stuff works!

Monogram Momma said...

Don't worry Dana it will be easy and fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to thank Jesus for the cool invention, or go to confession for participation in gossip.

Melissa C Morris said...

excellent! now my 'hello' magazine reading will have a higher purpose.

Anonymous said...

I wrote to you earlier about a difficult situation with friends...banding together and leaving me. I wondered if you had time to consider this?

Monogram Momma said...

Yes, Anonymous. I have been thinking about this a lot and will address it this week.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, joyous news!

Oh and I just discovered your blog- it's fabulous!!!!

Cloggsy said...

Oh yes, I'm in on this one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Monogram Mama-

I was reading the February issue of PC World magazine and there's an article called, "This Blog For Hire" (page 28). It's about bloggers pitching products for pay through several services. MM, you pitch A LOT of things on your blog and I'm wondering if you ever get paid to do it. Many of the things you pitch it appears you haven't tried yourself - that's another reason I'm wondering. It's totally cool if you do, but I'd just like to be aware of it (if you indeed do).

Thanks. And great blog!

Monogram Momma said...

Good question, Anonymous. No, I do not get paid to suggest any single product I ever reccomend. I only recomend products that I myself have bought and really love, or that friends/relatives have recommended to me and really love themselves. Often times, I just throw products out there that I stumble upon that I just think are really cool or cute or just a really fantastic idea. Basically, if I come accross something that is my taste and style that I would like to have myself or think my readers would be iterested in, I share it. But I do NOT get paid for mentioning anything. I make nothing off of my blog, in fact, and don't even have ad-sense on here where I could make a few extra pennies a month. This is strictly a creative outlet for me to share with others.

Thanks very much for reading and let me know if I can help you with anything else!

OHN said...

Since my maiden name initials are the same as yours, I guess I had better play. ( I know that isn't probably the best reason but what the heck, I hate to be left out :)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you will be basing the rules on how all the other Fantasy Celebrity Leagues are played with points for your celebrities press that week et??? Sounds fun!

Monogram Momma said...

Right now I am looking into 3 different celebrity fantasy leagues before deciding which one will be the MOST fun. I'm giving everyone a few days to email me so I make sure I don't leave anyone out who might want to play.
Email me if you're interested; so far we've got a really great group of 16 so far (I think)!!

Pink Cupcakes said...

I have e-mailed you! IM ON BOARD

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Yes yes yes. I want to play. I am very behind in my reading and catching up, but I will look for you tomorrow!

SLC said...

I'll give it a shot also. I'll probably lose, but... it will be fun.