11 January, 2007

Her Name is Lola & She's a Showgirl (and here are the things she loves today)

So picture this. Last night monogram momma sits down to read an email from the infamous Underpaid Kept Woman. All of the sudden, she flies out of her seat, propelling herself into the air in comic-book fashion, chair rolling across the hardwood floor behind her. In a stealth-like slow motion moment, she is able to quickly steal the remote from an unsuspecting Mr. Monogram in the next room. Ack! The look of horror on his face is pricelss and his voice takes on that slow record player-type voice in the deep and contorted “NOOOooooooooo!”

Him: What are you doing?!

Me: This is REALLY important!

Him: Tell me what you are looking for and I will find it for you. In his most irritated, man must always have the remote in his hand type of voice

Me: AH HA! OMG! I Found it!! doing the running man I’m so excited

Him: What you are talking about?! Did you have another cocktail hour today?

Me: HOLY CRAP I CAN KARAOKE ANYTIME I WANT NOW!!! SUPER excited, we are talking, beyond “running man” excitement here

Him: Great. Well it’s an additional $7 and we already pay Charter Cable about three thousand one hundred fifty-seven dollars and ninety two cents a month so, NO.

Me: pressing the “buy” button in front of him as he watches it happen in slow motion on the screen.

Me: That was the best seven bucks I’ve spent in a looooooooooooong time my friend. Totally taunting him

So after a roof raising performance of The Copacabana two minutes after buying my monthly On-Demand Karaoke package, performed by yours truly, complete with hand and dance moves, and also, let me add, not only singing the lead but also singing my own backup (yes, it takes talent, people. That’s all I’m saying. Pure talent), Mr. Monogram was pretty tempted to ask me for his $7 back. Yep, it’s going to be a FUN month at the Monogram household, that’s for sure! And if you doubt me, go back and read #12.

Now my little Copacabana loving friends, I’m off to pack up the mini’s lunches in their cute little monogrammed lunch totes, then grab their equally cute little monogrammed backpacks and drop them off at pre-school so I can go fabric shopping today with a friend. It’s a bit of a drive, about 30 minutes to this fabric store in the middle of NOWHERE, but completely worth it. I’m hoping to find fabric for my dining room window treatments, and new inspiration fabric for the guest room (which Mr. Monogram has no idea that once I’m finished with mini #2’s “big boy room”, I’m re-doing the guest room. Shhhhhhhhhhh!). Anway, here are a few things I love today (aside from my On Demand Karaoke- total props to Susie Sunshine!).


Prep School Tie Matches
If you're going to be a pyro, you shuold at the very least, look cute and have your own prepped out, signature matches, no? Iomoi has these and several other preppy matches that will make you all warm inside.

Snot Spot
Okay, okay. So it's probably not very proper, etiquette wise to talk about snot. But with the weather turning colder (can I get an AMEN?!) and with ski trips on the horizon, this is the ultra winter sport good thing from Campmor.

Helen Ficalora Charms
This says it all since I've been in love with these little hammered gold disks by Helen Ficalora for well over a year now. And hopefully Mothers Day will find me wearing two neckalces, one with each of the mini monograms initials on it. Well if it's good enough for Jennifer Garner to wear, it's certainly good enough for monogram momma! hint, hint to anyone who's reading this and knows Mr. Monogram


Preppy Hospital Gowns
Yes Virginia, there really IS a Santa Claus but he forgot to leave you the monogrammed (!!) preppy hospital gown from Dear Johnnie's in your stocking. So go pick out yours today, and while you're at it, pick one up for Preppy Rider as well since she's got an impending delivery she really must look cute for.


Monogrammed Placemats
As if a name like Madison Sloan isn't old school enough for you, you'll simply fall out of your Louis the XVI chair when you see this tabletop enchancing product. Lots of colors and patterns to chose from and as a bonus, they're reversible. These are VERY good things.

10 Comments:

Susan Dench said...

I am having serious karaoke envy right now- I need this thing for my car and the shower!!!

Marissa said...

You are the best - I am laughing out loud! First of all, I am so glad that my household is not the only one that has "Remote Control Wars" (sometimes I feel like Luke Skywalker fighting Darth Vader with Light Sabers ;)

Second, I adore the hospital gown and am seriously considering buying one for my upcoming visit - where do you find these things?! (Thank you for thinking of me ;)

Third, I am so happy you had so much fun dancing and signing... I am sure the Mini's were thoroughly entertained - if I could sing, I would join you!

Anonymous said...

Love the matches!! As a former smoker I think these are the coolest! My very own Hunky Hubby would look oh so darling lighting the grill with these!

And as a runner.... the snot rag is to die for!

Thanks for the heads up on both of these!

Pink Cupcakes said...

MM,

Do you think you could do a post for me (if you have time) on ideas for dorm room decor I still have your email from a while back. Any last minute ideas for anything packing, what to take etc (preppy of course!).

Rachael

Anonymous said...

Great post! :-)

Sorry if this is gross, but I could really use that glove for when I go skiing!! (Oversharing!)

And those matches are divine.

SuburbanMom said...

OMG those matches are hilarious.

And can you find a monogrammed preppy lab coat? THEN I'll be impressed ;)

Sarah said...

Ummm, where was this post last week when I needed it!? I definitely need to get one of those hospital gowns, at the rate I'm going...

Monogram Momma said...

SO TRUE, Sarah, SO TRUE! You definitely need to one ot keep in your hospital bag!

And PR Rider, of course you should be delivering in style!

Suburban Mom, Sadly I can only find white ones. However, that doesn't mean we can prep one up with some grosgrain ribbon for trim and add your monogram on the pocket! Now, scrubs are another story. I can FIND you some cute preppy scrubs!

Rachel, I will see what I can do about this for you next week!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the hospital gown! I'm getting one! I am a nurse and would LOVE it if you could find me some preppy scrubs! you're so fun!:)

Paige Lynn said...

That is awesome. I would love to have a karoake package with my cable. My husband would literally kill me though