23 October, 2006

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Yes, that's right. You heard it here first! I am indeed, back from vacation and it was wonderful as always. I will post a few pictures and highlights tomorrow, but I wanted to run through a few quick things this afternoon. You know, I always like to dip my foot in the pool before jumping right back in! So here goes my pink manucured foot...

1) I swear I've jotted down The Silken Thread before, but in my haste to return to you all I can't find it! None-the-less, if you haven't yet checked it out, I strongly urge you to click your way over there now (this is my way of being subtle). They have very fine embroidered linens and accessories, baby/kids items and even wedding gifts. For all you engaged brode-to-be's out there, this bouquet ribbon is a truly beautiful touch if your planning on carrying a wrapped bouquet (which monogram momma highly suggests, btw). This shop is not like all the other's out there and has some very pretty and unique monogrammed gifts and linens out there that I am eager to pick up myself for a few Christmas gifts. That's right, I'm already shopping for Christmas, as you should be too. So in the spirit of gift-giving, gernerosity, and in gereral, all things monogram momma, Laura at TST is offering all MM readers 10% at checkout. All you have to do is enter "MONOGRAM MOMMA" in the comments field at check-out and Laura will take care of applying your discount! Now I don't know about you but anything monogrammed in silken thread is "good thing" to me!

2) Can anyone guess what time it is? (no, it's not Tool Time) That's right! It's time for the next installment of Show Me Yours & I'll Show you Mine! Horray!! *cheers and claps from the audience* There will still be prize for the winner but apparently I did not make the contest OR the voting last long enough last time (sorry Tod and EMG, to name a few), so effective immidiately, you have until 8PM E.S.T. on Monday night, 10/30 to send me your picts, and voting will last until noon on Wednesday, Nov. 1. So get ready and take those pictures!!

Show me yours, & I'll Show you mine..
PREPPY PUMPKINS!

Now, as you know, there is no discriminating or snubbing here at monogram momma's so whatever your version of a preppy pumpkin is, then by all means, send it in. This can include synthetic pumpkins, real pumpkins, glitter pumpkins, cut, sliced, diced, painted, lit up and whatever else you can come up with. It's your turn to impress me and show me how you guys carve and decorate your pumpkins! As a side note, Alyson, a monogrammed hamburger covered in thousand island dressing will not constitute a valid entry. Sorry.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OoOoOo what a fun idea I will have to get a pumpkin now. I wasn't going to but this sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Darn I thought I was going to escape this holiday but I may need to participate in this one...

Welcome back!

lisagh said...

Yay! Welcome back.

Sarah said...

OMG! Did you see the monogrammed Bermuda Bag at The Silken Thread?! Pure bliss, MM, pure bliss... But I'll have to pass on the pumpkin contest, as it's not yet safe for me to be carving anything while I'm still hopped up on pain pills!

Susan Dench said...

Ok, since we've already carved, sliced and diced, I am going to enter my somewhat forlorn little monogram pumpkin (a little worse for the wear since being thrown outside so we could escape the fruit flies).