19 October, 2006

Lessons in Connectivity: Still on Vacation though!

Still on vacation and having a great time! The weather has finally started cooperating with us and today couldn’t be more beautiful so we’ve spent the day sunning nd watching dozens of dolphins just swim on by. It’s like being at Se World or something (well, sorta. Only the dolphin part). I know I promised you an adventure while I away but so far the only adventure has been trying to connect to the wireless modem, which currently consists of me opening up the plantation shutters in the back guest bedroom, and literally sitting in the widow, legs up horizontal, two pillow shams balancing on top of my legs, and the computer sitting on top of said pillows at a very precise angle. If I breathe even the slightest bit heavy, that’s it and I get kicked off. That’s an adventure, isn’t it (well if it isn’t it’s at least a good thigh workout)? So if you’ve emailed me and not heard back or tried to post and don’et see it, don’t worry. The sun hasn’t gotten to my head and made me forget my good manners; I just quite simply, can’t reach you all from the island, and will respond Sunday or Monday when we return.

In other important news today, Happy Happy Birthday, Mini Monogram #2!
Today my little Prince is 3 and I can hardly believe it. Like every birthday my children have, I will spend the day being misty eyed and emotional, reliving their birth stories, kissing them until they can no longer stand it any longer, and sitting down to write my pensive little birthday letter (more on that later). It’s so nice to be here at the beach, our favorite place, really enjoying the day and watching him roll around in the sand (even if he also happens to be hollering at his “brudder” at the moment). He comes up and tells me he wants a kiss while grabbing my face, and then asks for a hug, and then before running off to wallow in the sand tells me I’m his love bug. And all I can think at this moment is that I hope he remembers I’m his love bug when he’s 16 and he’s in trouble for not making curfew. As Mr. Monogram says on their birthday’s, “Well, he made it another year.” What’s that supposed to mean? Just because I once left him strapped in his infant carseat/ bucket seat sitting on the kitchen counter as mini #1 and I drove off down the street, “forgetting” there was another baby in the house to be loaded up? Gheesh. Give a girl break!

So anyway, I trust you all are playing out there while I’m away as you know I’ve still got my eye on you, expecting you all to be on your best behavior and using your best manners! Until I hit the mainland again next week, Ciao!

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to MiniMonogram #2.

Melissa C Morris said...

Yeah -- Happy birthday to the mini monogram!

Monogram Momma said...

Thanks everyone! Yes Emma, I have been planning on addressing your clothing quandry next week so stay tuned! I've got lots of great resources to share.

Tod said...

Happy birthay little one...MM get back on vacation

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mini Monogram!