25 October, 2006

Pumpkin Carving: 102

Can someone please explain to me how I can wake up to an azure blue sea and 80 degree temps watching dolphins swim by my window on Sunday morning, and by Monday afternoon I was bundled up, seat heater in my car cranked up on high (warming my bum AND my back), freezing in 42 degree temps? For the life of me I can not figure it out. It’s like I woke up from some twisted dream. And I am so irritated about being jolted out of this dream back into the reality of my everyday life that I’m trying to convince Ashley to run away with me for a weekend. I think I’ve almost got her convinced, so stay tuned on that.

Luckily we have a washer and dryer at the beach so I always come back with all the laundry clean. It’s the actual unpacking and putting away that seems to be the problem. Because you see, that means that vacation is officially over and maybe I need to hop up my meds a bit but I’m just not emotionally ready forvacation to be over yet! But the one bright side to coming home was knowing what was waiting for me. No, I don’t mean Mr. Monogram who returned the night before, nor do I mean my neighbors, or even pre-school (which is always pretty exciting b/c that means I’m getting time to myself), but it was the packages. I’ll admit that knowing there was a stack of packages waiting for me at home was a bit enticing! I’ll let you know all the fun things that arrived while I was gone, but here is just a peek from one of the boxes.


This cup says monogram momma all over, no? Big hugs and thanks to the most fabulous Preppy Princess who slipped this little gem in the mail to me. I’ve already enjoyed many a hot cup of tea from it since arriving home and has really made my day! Her Royal Majesty really knows how to cheer this momma up, that’s for sure!

Now, I’m sure you’re all expecting some super creative, grand entry full of great ideas after being gone for a week, and I’ll be honest. I was fully planning on doing a reader request this morning on Children’s Holiday wear. But then my little email alert made that familiar music to my ears letting me know someone had sent me an email. Yippee! And lo and behold, it was an email from Mr. Monogram of some truly amazing pumpkin carvings. So in light of the Show Me Yours, I’ll Show You Mine pumpkin contest this week, here are some really elaborate ideas for you guys. I know, at times, we can all use a little inspiration to get our creative juices flowing, so I hope these will inspire you and kick-start your pumpkin decorating creativity. You know, just in case you’ve got nothing else to do other than sit around and carve pumpkins all day.

































Okay, so these aren't exactly examples you'd find in TOPH, but the point is, as I mentioned yesterday, it's all subjective and you carve it or decorate or heck, don't do anything to it if that's what you want to do, and consider yourself "in" for the contest. One more important thing I wanted to share with you guys. Let’s all give Lisa from Three Chickadees a BIG ROUND OF THANKS for hosting this installment of the Show Me Yours competition! The first place winner will receive a grosgrain belt and second place winner will receive a preppy headband, compliments of our favorite chicks at Three Chickadees. Now if that doesn’t entice to you send in those pumpkin pictures, then I don’t know what will!

P.S. As a special treat, preppy puppy has requested I give her a little blogging time this afternoon so she can share her vacation highlights. Given her *busy* schedule of laying around the house all day today though, I wouldn't count on her getting that post done until late this afternoon. I'll keep after her though. You know it is all about what the people want at monogram momma's!

1 Comment:

Jill said...

Those pumpkins are great! Sorry to hear you're under the weather...make some tea in your cute new mug and feel better soon!

PS - I just posted my drink tin results...