18 September, 2006

Shaking Things Up a Bit

Can I just tell you how much I “LOVE” soccer with a 4 year old? Of course, I am using this term very loosely, considering that we actually had to leave the field on Saturday morning after 45 minutes of mini monogram #1 being so moody and deciding that he just didn’t “feel” like playing and he was “too tired.” He couldn’t make this proclamation in the morning when he woke up, or even in the car on our way. Nope, he waited until we’d all gotten up and drug ourselves out to the field with all that soccer crap, and then decided to ignore everyone for 45 minutes. So against my better judgment, we left, and Mr. Monogram put his rear end back in his bed when we got back and what do you know. He slept for an hour and a half, then took a full three hour nap that afternoon. Perhaps he’s going through a growth spurt or something. Who knows. But if this is what I am dealing with at 4, I can’t *WAIT* until the teenage years.

Anyhoo, I had planned to share an entire football and tailgating post with you all this morning after our big college win this weekend, but instead I want to throw out an idea for a new segment we’ll call “Show Me Yours & I’ll Show you Mine” (you know me, always wanting to shake things up a bit). So the gist of this segment which I will introduce from time to time is that we will have a topic or item for you to show off to everyone, and I will show off mine too. Now get your mind out of the gutter because you know I am talking about projects and purchases and all things preppy and fun. For instance, “Show Me Yours & I’ll Show you Mine: Preppy Puppy” or “Show Me Yours & I’ll Show you Mine: Monogrammed Drink Tin.” I would introduce the topic on Monday and you would have all week to email me your pictures, then we’ll show them off on Friday. So, what do you think? Do I have any takers out there? *two handed waves to my new pal Ginny who I know would love this* It might be a fun way to throw some more “good things” into the mix here at monogram momma’s.

So comment on it, email me your opinion, you all know what to do. And if you still want that tailgating post, I’ll get it up later or even tomorrow for you. You know me; I aim to please! So today I’m off to the craft store (I know, don’t gasp too loudly from the shock of that news) with the mini’s, then the bank, and then to lunch w/ Cresta and her boys. Mini #2 is in his big boy underwear today so fingers crossed we can keep them dry!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in! I did the monogrammed drink bucket and took it to my tennis match yesterday...everyone loved it! I was sooooo proud!

Melissa C Morris said...

I'm in too... I think it'd be great to have a monogram 'show and tell'!

J said...

Count me in too! I'm not big on monogramming my own things but love seeing all your projects, and would love to see others' as well!

jillskict said...

I am of course in! I love my monogrammed drink tin and matching trays and I am planning the theme for my nephews 8th birthday party at the moment as well, just WAIT until you see the invitations!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea-- can't wait to see everyone's stuff. I'm a little nrevous about putting my own crafts on display, but I'll do it, as long as I am not judged too harshly. :)

Kiki the Precious Preppy said...

I will do my best. (crossing fingers that my stuff doesnt look to boring.)

Anonymous said...

love a cute show tell!