28 July, 2006

Just Do It

I’ve been asked a lot lately by my loyal readers, how ever do I find the time to blog and do my projects and shopping when I have two little boys to keep up with? Well, my monogramming friends, lets re-visit my obsessive compulsive list-making habit. Shall we? I make a list every day (yes, literally every single day) of things I both want and need to do. Admittedly, the things I want to do usually win out over the things I need to do. Such as going to the pool. Yes, I realize I spend quite a lot of time at the pool with the mini’s working on my “natural tan of the islands,” but trust me when I tell you, I have earned that right. And while it might sound all glamorous and luxurious, I assure you monogram momma is not feeling too glamorous as she is loaded up like a pack mule with her big white beach bag overflowing with pool toys, the lunch cooler over another arm, both arms full of monogrammed beach towels, a round inner-tube (in a lovely shade of green) around her neck, and a folded beach chair as well as a 6’ dragon floatie that accommodates both mini monograms at the same time, barely clenched and dangerously dangling from her hooked fingers. Can't you just picture it? And I always tell myself, as I’m soaking in my beach chair in the middle of the baby pool with my Blueprint magazine, that I will most definitely get right on that laundry when I get home and put the mini monograms down for their naps, but I can not lie. Inevitably, I end up telling Mr. Monogram he can locate his clean underwear in the dryer. Most definitely, not folded. Well, I’ve got to fit a nap in there for myself too, after all! Admitedlly, I often even awake from a nap surrounded by the piles of laundry all around me, with the tv on, the lights on. I literally fall asleep in the laundry sometimes (but let’s just keep this between us). But the point is, that if you don’t MAKE time for yourself and the things that you need to do to fulfill yourself, then no one else will make the time for you. Now don’t worry, I’m not going to get all preachy on you, but seriously. If you want to do a project, then just find the time to do it when the kids are down for their naps, or in the evening when there’s nothing on tv except re-runs (except Wednesday nights when Project Runway is on).

So today looks to be much like many of our other summer days. We (and by we, I really mean, I) will be toting as much stuff as we possibly can to the pool, and spending the day there, entertaining friends and lunching poolside. Although today I think I’ll bring a specially prepared beverage for the other monogramming mommies and actually now that I’ve mentioned that the day is starting to look a tad brighter already. And while I get working on my list for today, beginning of course, with the pool, and then moving on to my projects, because those always seem to take precedence to what actually needs to be done around here (at least since starting this blog, thank you very much) I just wanted to pass along two “good things” for you on this Friday morning. First of all, to answer a request by a devoted reader who is looking for monogrammd barrettes, I have found that Style Boutique has beautiful monogrammed silver barrettes and I must say one will certainly be finding its way into my home very soon. I’m still working on locating monogrammed grosgrain barrettes, and in fact, am going to try to do one for you myself on my machine this weekend. I’ll be sure to let you know how that turns out next week and if it turns out ok, will send it to you in the mail (of course, you’ll have to pass along your address for that to happen). And finally, just to pass along a little deal, if you are in the need for some invitations today, pop on over to finesationary.com and they are having a 25% sale when you enter the discount code DCD706 at checkout. And now I’m going to get started on my own list for today so I can get to work on my projects during naptime. Although I should probably check the air pressure in the 6’ inflatable dragon too, before we head out to the pool and start stretching so i can be adequately prepared to be loaded up for our day.

6 Comments:

Pink Cupcakes said...

Love the picture of you carting all these things to the pool!

Monogram Momma said...

oh, my aching back. I am still exhausted from our trek there today. SO very NOT preppy or pretty looking for that matter if you can imagine!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»