09 March, 2010

20 Minute Chops

Maybe someday my kids won't be suck picky eaters, but until that day arrives, I'm pretty much resigned to making multiple meals each night. To be fair, they HAVE gotten slightly better, I totally have to give credit to our school lunch lady, Ms. Rhonda. However, now that there's so much of Ms. Rhonda's food they'll eat, mine is always second best.

KIDS: Mom, what are we having for dinner?

Me: Taco's!!KIDS: OH GROSSS.. Ms. Rhonda's taco's are way better than yours.

Me: Well she gave me her recipe so they'll be exactly the same from now on. Isn't that great?!

KIDS: Mom. We know she didn't give you her recipe.

Sooo
, anyway. Here I sit playing second fiddle to the school lunch lady. But that's okay. Luckily, Mr. M will eat pretty much anything, which is a good thing because since having picky eating children, I no longer enjoy cooking. And not enjoying cooking + having to make multiple meals = inventing easy peasy good tasting recipes. Here's Mr. M's newest favorite that literally takes me about 20 minutes from start to finish.

Pear & Apricot Glazed Pork Chops

-Boneless pork chops
-Low sodium soy sauce
-Emeril's Essence (spices)
-Vegetable spray
-Jar of Pear & Apricot Preserves (mixed)

1) Marinate the Pork chops in the soy sauce and also put the Emeril's Essence on them.

2) Once marinated for about 30 minutes, I spray the skillet with vegetable spray, and cook the pork chops (You can also do this on your indoor grill or even outdoor grill. This is just the quickest way.)

3) When pork chops are almost done cooking, put 1 or 2 tablespoons (use to your discretion) of the Pear and Apricot Preserves on top of each pork chop.

4) I like to take the lid to a pot and put it over the pan at this point so the preserves will thin and get warmer quicker.

5) Once the preserves have warmed up and the meat is cooked through, that's it!

*Note* I always serve rice with this meal.

0 Comments: