01 October, 2009

Images for a Cure


As most of us know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Most of us have unfortunately been touched by breast cancer in one way or another through either our own experiences, or friends or family members around us. As a woman alone, this cause is important to me, but even more so this year since I have an old friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer in the spring. She is my age, has two young children (2.5 and 3.5), and is in fantastic health otherwise. It just doesn't make sense, does it?

This year my cousin Maria, of Charlotte Carey Photography on Nantucket, is offering a photography session for up to 2 children and 2 pets on October 11th on Nantucket. 100% of proceeds from this shoot will be donated to breast cancer research. Contact Maria for full details and to schedule your on location shoot! First come, first serve so hurry! Get those Holiday photo's done early and make it all for a good cause.

image: Charlotte Carey Photography

2 Comments:

Hannah Lane said...

OMG her site is GREAT!!!!

StephRen said...

Beautiful! Wish I was in the area! I'd get pictures done! Good luck to her and her fundraising!