17 August, 2009

New Duds: Castaway Clothing


{Which could also be titled The One Where I Finally Post Pictures of the Mini Monograms}

As ya'll know, I am quite picky about the clothes the Mini Monograms wear. Yes, they've got a few things to bum around in that they are very rarely seen in public in (save for baseball or football practice), but overall, they are typically dressed in cute clothes 95% of the time. Nothing gets my goose more than to see kids who wear nothing but cartoon graphic tee's everywhere they go. I can't explain it, I guess it's just how I was raised.

Two weeks ago they each got a new pair of Jetties Shorts from Castaway Clothing and I've been dying to show them to you. For those of you who have been around here for a while, you'll remember that Castaway has been on my radar for quite a few years, and I know ya'll would adore their stuff. Anyway, these are the most fabulous shorts, I kid you not. Not only are they beyond adorable, but the fabric is light-weight and comfortable (not a heavy cotton duck like most embroidered wear) and extremely well constructed. You know I know my sewing and these shorts are super high quality. They run true to size and also have the ever important adjustable waistband (thank you Matt, for thinking of us mom's with growing kids!).

So how cute are these shorts? Well on Friday the boys and I were running errands around town and they were in their Jetties Shorts. We stopped at the park down the street from our house and our local Channel 10 news crew was there doing a special interest piece. When they were done, their videographer and anchor came up to tell me how much they loved the boys shorts and wanted to know all about Castaway. NO LIE! It was so fun, and all day the boys kept arguing over whose shorts were "cooler." So yes, it seems I've created my own little mini clothes hounds.


10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

MM - your boys are PRECIOUS! I saw their pics on Castaway's FB page - sooooo cute!! I am also loving those shorts - like that they are lightweight, I am off to check out their site- I have only checked out the skirts for me, but may have to order a pair or two of the shorts for my guy!!

KK said...

They are adorable! I love it. My mom always dressed us the same way and my sister does the same with her boys. Don't even get me started on my friends who dress their kids - especially those in SLEEVELESS (like muscle man) t shirts. With lots of writing. *gag*

Monogram Momma said...

Thanks, ladies! This is actually the first time EVER I've shown their faces on my blog in over 3 years I've been doing this!

Seriously, I love these shorts. They are FANTASTIC so I would NOT hesitate, Kris!

KK, I know exactly what you mean by those stupid sleeveless t=shirts for boys. Gag is RIGHT!!

kp said...

Hi there, the clothes are cute, but your boys are super cute.
How are you??? :)

Monogram Momma said...

Thank you, KP! You are much too sweet. I am doing well, thanks! How are you? First day of school is Thursday so i'm counting down!! I'll give you a buzz to catch up!

TCP said...

Such handsome guys. :) My poor baldies would kill for their hair...seriously. M has the hairline of a 45 yr old man!

Susan D. said...

What adorable boys ... not that I expected any different, but they look like they were pulled off the Castaway Clothing's catalog page. So cute & I love the shorts.

Monogram Momma said...

Awww, thanks Susan!

dmmlandcruiser said...

They are quite handsome and belong in print! I love their shorts. Do you have trouble getting them to wear them? My 6 year old daughter is starting to rebel against my choices!

Monogram Momma said...

Thank you, D! No, I don't have any issues getting them to wear them. They actually asked to wear these shorts like 3 days in a row. I guess they are just used to wearing embroidered shorts that they honestly don't even think twice about it. {thank goodness!}