17 June, 2009

Old Friends & the Hope to Meet Some New Ones

This week, bff Kristi and her daughter, Lydia came in town to stay with us for their annual visit. I love having them here and as always, the visit was much too brief. Kristi and I have always sort of completed each other for lack of better words, so even doing nothing together is always lots of fun.

Kristi (left) and I (right) at school, in, i *think* 10th grade here which would be circa 1991. Our Fall/Spring uniforms were so cute with seersucker skirts, white peter pan collared blouses, and navy vests w/ our school crest.

Anyhow, now I'm busy packing up for 9 days of visiting w/ my in-laws in Florida. Mr. Monogram and I have never in our entire 10-1/2 year marriage spent an entire week visiting his parents soooooo............

While I am down there I will be co-hosting a Paper Concierge Party on Monday evening the 22nd to help a new Concierge get her feet wet. So if any of my fabulous readers are in the Clearwater/St. Pete/Tampa area and want to come hang w/ Monogram Momma, share a beer or glass of wine *coughOrtwoOrThree* with her and chat up all things preppy, monogrammed and paper, drop me a comment w/ your email address or email me directly and I'll send you the details.

8 Comments:

lisagh said...

You gals look so cute in your uniforms! I love looking at old school pics... I wish my old uniform still fit me :)

Imjustagirl said...

I am so excitted. I REALLY, REALLY appreciate all of your help!! looking forward to meeting you too!

Jori

Monogram Momma said...

Excited to meet you as well, Jori!

Lisagh, my uniforms were oh, a size ZERO so yeah, it would be REALLY nice to even get my right leg into one of my skirts now! I still have my blazer too, and I swear to you my 7 year old could fit in it!

TCP said...

How freaking adorable are you two??? Love it.

And I wish we could have a glass of wine together. Or six. Whatever.

Monogram Momma said...

You're right. six glasses is probably a little more accurate.

lisagh said...

I still have my blazer too! Actually, it's at my mom's somewhere, but I can assure you, compared to the ones I have now, it's miniscule. Grrrr!

Anonymous said...

Hey MM!
Thanks for the invite! Could you fill me in on the details? Time, location, etc.? :)

Imjustagirl said...

Hi Prepinparadise, The party is @ my house (2151 Harbor View Dr. Duneidn, FL 34698) Monday June 22 @7:00 PM. Hope you can make it! If you need anyother info please email me @ jorizarra@gmail.com