07 May, 2009

There Once was Girl from Nantucket...

**UPDATE** YAY! Great news for MM readers! See this comment left by Maria of Charlotte Carey Photography & book your summer session with her now! MM, Thanks so much for your lovely post about Charlotte Carey Photography. I would love to extend to your readers a 75 dollar discount off their session fee if they mention "monogram momma" upon scheduling. Discount will be available for June-September, 2009.Thanks so much for being one of our biggest fans and I hope to meet some of your other readers very soon out here on Nantucket!

So, as I was saying... There once was a girl from Nantucket, who was fabulous and talented and cared for sick people in her day job but took pictures of slobbery canines in her free time. What? Did you think I was going somewhere dirty with this little poem of mine?


This fabulous woman of whom I speak is my cousin, Maria Carey of Charlotte Carey Photography on Nantucket Island. And since many of my readers regularly summer on Nantucket, I thought some of you might be interested in having some professional photography done while you are there. Don't think twice about it, just call her. After all, you know you've been putting off doing this for a while now, right?

A mom of two golden retrievers (Zach & Sophie), she is wonderful and personable and very talendted and gifted. And no, I'm not the least bit biased as her work speaks for itself (why just look at this picture of adorable little Hazel!). While her focus is on pets, she does photograph children as well. She shoots in natural light and will even travel to New England if you find yourself doing more of a staycation in lieu of your regular vacation and thus can't make your way to Nantucket this summer.

You can also keep up with Maria on her blog, Pups on a Sandbar. Tell her I sent you and you won't be sorry!

6 Comments:

pink madras said...

Too cute!

it is everlasting said...

I thought that getting a puppy of own would curb the squealing and baby talk when I saw other puppies... This picture ruined that for me. So stinking cute! I can't wait to go check her blog out! :)

Anonymous said...

So cute & could be a perfect reason to hit the island this summer with the whole family (pup included, of course).

Unknown said...

Maria is a wonderful person and extremely talented photographer. Don't miss the chance to have a memorable photo session with your pet while in Nantucket. You won't regret it!

lisagh said...

I checked out the first page of her blog - very cute!

charlottecareyphotography.com said...

MM, Thanks so much for your lovely post about Charlotte Carey Photography. I would love to extend to your readers a 75 dollar discount off their session fee if they mention "monogram momma" upon scheduling. Discount will be available for June-September, 2009.
Thanks so much for being one of our biggest fans and I hope to meet some of your other readers very soon out here on Nantucket!