07 August, 2008

Needlepoint Pillows

This week I've been busy working on new graphics for The Monogram Marketplace. I'll show you a preview of those tomorrow, but in the meantime I promised to show you the new pillows I did for the family room.

The new pillows incorporated both needlepoint and conventional sewing with some very pretty trims that really brighten up the family room. I'm so pleased with them I can't even tell you. My pillow inserts are nice and full of down so the sofa is extra comfy and cushy when you sit down.

The new fabric is gorgeous and goes perfectly with my floor to ceiling gold and red silk drapes.

Here's the needlepoint insert I did. I needlepointed 2 identical "M"'s. I then sewed the needlepoint directly onto the pillow, then covered the edges with gold trim.

Then I made a longer, coordinating pillow for the center of the sofa with a really pretty apple green fabric, my main floral fabric from the needlepoint pillows, and added two vertical pieces of flat gold and green trim.

It's a bad picture, but here's the sofa with the new pillows. A lovely addition!

12 Comments:

Muffy said...

That pillow is FABULOUS!!!!!!!

lisagh said...

Brilliant idea - the needlepoint inset and the pillows are GORGEOUS!!!

KKB said...

LOVE those! You're so talented!

Preppy Mama said...

Those are lovely!!

Suburban prep said...

You are very talented an creative.

Monogram Momma said...

Thank you girls! It was sort of a cheaters way of doing needlepoint pillows for the family room without them taking me eons to complete by doing an entire pillow in needlepoint.

Rickrack and Pompoms said...

Your pillows are beautiful. Love the needlepoint.

Jane said...

They look fantastic, what a lovely way to incorporate the needlepoint

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Gorgeous!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

What beautiful pillows!

Petunia said...

They look luxurious!!

MMM said...

I LOVE them. Can't I please buy some from you on the marketplace?