01 August, 2008

Things I Love Today: Steven Salario Sandals

You know when you order something that you're so excited to get that every time the UPS or FedEx truck drives down your street you jump up in anticipation, wanting to run after it like the proverbial dog chasing the mail truck? Well that's been me. In my pearls and pink and green, panting and barking at the parcel carriers. Not. Good.

And while I've [still] been waiting for a certain pair of shoes to arrive at my doorstep all summer, I was beyond thrilled to find my new pair of Steven Salario sandals sitting on my doorstep after waiting a mere week. Yes, that's right! I received hand-made leather Palm Beach Sandals on my doorstep in ONE WEEK. As in 7 days. They said 4-6 weeks was more of a typical turnaround, so I was so pleasantly surprised to see them in a week I was pisitively giddy! I'm so delighted to get to wear them this summer I can't even tell you, and I'm in love with this pink and green combo and completely impressed with the quality of the sandal.

For those of you who don't know much about Salario Sandals, Steven Salario's family has been in the leather and shoe industry since 1905. He was raised in this industry and it's more than fair to say he knows A LOT about quality shoe making. Steve himself has been making sandals since 1985. In the late 80's-early 90's he was approached by Jack Rodgers to come make sandals for them, which he did until the late 90's. He then branched back off on his own and has been a successfull sandal craftsman based out of Tampa, FL selling to upscale stores. Not only do they make the popular Palm Beach Sandals that we've all come to love and consider a staple in our preppy closet, but they also do fabulous driving mocs, pinch tasseled sandals and yes, a monogrammed leather sandal as well. And these are just a few of your options, ladies! Looking for childrens sandals as well? Then look no further because those too, are available from Steven Salario Sandals.

Right now their site is being completely re-done and updated for online ordering. It is supposed to be up any day now so I'll let you know as soon as it is. In the meantime, you can still hop on over there and take a look around at a few examples of what they have to offer. Any color combo you could possibly want is available so if you are interested before the new website premiers, just give them a call. They are super nice and accomodating people that truly want to make their customers happy. Also know that currently they have A LOT on sale! WooHoo! That also includes Palm Beach sandals in disconituned colors for HALF-yes- HALF OFF.

What could be more exciting than a great sale, you ask? How about an outlet! If you're in the Tampa area, check them out first-hand at their outlet location.

Steven Salario Outlet
2810 Long St
Tampa, FL 33605

Steven Salario Sandals
3006 A West Swann Avenue
Tampa, FL 33609


Phn: 813-248-2499
Toll Free 877-646-5100




13 Comments:

a. said...

Oh wow those are really really cute!

I had a couple pairs of Salarios before I discovered Bonannos and they lasted a very long time. I believe that Salario will repair as well if they break.

Monogram Momma said...

Yes, they will repair and fix your shoes as well. The fit is great, too!

a. said...

I really loved mine but I tossed them :-( That was before I knew they would repair them!

Pink Flamingo said...

Salarios are GREAT...I got spoiled when I lived in Tampa.

Muffy said...

OOH! Half off?!?! Count me in! Thanks for the tip!

msemeraldapple said...

TAG! I've got ya for the 5 Embarassing Songs Meme!

TCP said...

Oooh, thanks for sharing! I've been wondering about these shoes, especially given the crazy wait times for the others!

Preppy Mama said...

I just bought the same exact sandals from SS the beginning of the summer and I love the color combo.
Thanks for the tip!

Petunia said...

Hi and thank you for visiting my blog! Now, I've discovered your lovely blog, too!
Well, guess what? I had to drive all the way up to the Stuart area today, so I dropped by Bonanno's to see if by chance my sandals had come in. Well, they said that 200 pairs are expected to arrive there TONIGHT, so then they will be shipping out or, in my case, calling me to make the trip all the way back! Arrrrgh!
I've never had the opportunity to try Salario's, but if they are handmade and all leather then I would love to try them! We can never have enough shoes, right? ;-)

Suburban prep said...

I have a great pair of Salarios and one of my sisters has the exact same pair. I think they are so cute. Whenever one of us wear ours the other one wears hers. it is usually just by chance. I have not yet bought Bonanno's. Our other sister wears Jack Rogers.

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

wow, i thought stephen bonanno and jack rogers only existed...i didn't know about steven salario sandals - thanks for the heads up! guess we do learn something new every days! ha! ha!

Steven Salario Sandals said...

Hello girls, I did not make any sandals this year due to the horrible economy, however I have stock at my brothers store in Tampa at 935 1/2 South Howard Ave. the name of the store is Hyde Park Cobblery 813-253-0525. The Also are available in Sewickley, PA at Sewickley Shoe you can reach them at 412-741-5800 ask for Mario or Carla.I will re-launch in June. I can be reached at stevensalario@gmail.com or 813-270-9125.
Thank You for your support.

Beth Dunn said...

This is a hot topic in the blog world xoxo