21 May, 2008

New Preppy Puppy Update

New Preppy Puppy is really growing into a lovely young lady. She is most polite and understands all her basic commands of sit/stay/come/down/off/kennel. In addition, she will also shake your hand, speak to you, and wave "bye-bye" to you when you leave. Now if I can just get her to work on her penmanship for writing her thank-you notes and I think we'll almost have it covered.

Now 5 months old (can you believe it?), she is weighing in over 50 pounds and is becoming quite precocious. Like all puppies, she loves to play and squeak the most annoying toy she can find for what seems like hours on end. She loves to fetch! That is no big surprise though given her breed, and we are all anxiously awaiting her first of many trips to the beach with us in a couple weeks. I know she's going to love the sandy beach and salt water as much as Ginger did. She loves riding around in the car and has gotten used to her place in the car (that would be the way, way back of my suburban!), and especially loves being in the carpool pick up line at mini #1's school where she gets lots of visitors coming to say hello to her.

Her favorite thing? That would have to be using the mini's as bowling pins when she comes charging in a room "like a cheetah!" (as mini #2 calls her) and literally bowls them over and knocks them down to play with her. They aren't so fond of it as you can imagine so we're working on a more graceful entrance and invitation to play.

It's still incredibly hard for me on a daily basis without Ginger. She was and is my heart and soul so as much as we are enjoying New Preppy Puppy, Ginger is never far from my thoughts. It's hard not to compare the two, you know? However I know that every single dog we will ever bring into our family will always be compared.

On Mothers Day we took NPP (read New Preppy Puppy) for her first swim ever. She had a blast! Enjoy the pictures and you won't believe how much she's grown and changed!

Xo-MM





15 Comments:

Melissa said...

New preppy puppy is darling and sounds like a real sweetheart! Very happy to get an update on her.

Suz said...

She is adorable!

J said...

She is too cute! I love the second photo that you posted.

Pink Flamingo said...

NPP is simply, ADORABLE!! Her pink & green alligator collar is darling...I love it!

dmmlandcruiser said...

Makes me want to get a dog......almost!

(Welcome Back!)

lisagh said...

Awwww! That slide show was awesome and makes me just ache for a puppy of my own!

capegirlindc said...

She is beautiful! I have a 5 1/2 month old black lab who is just a joy! She has been to puppy kindergarten and loves other dogs so much. She reminds me of your preppy puppy!

TCP said...

What a sweetheart! I had a chocolate lab growing up, and they are the best dogs ever. :)

Elizabeth H. said...

She is just precious!

Linda S said...

Way too cute! They are such sweet dogs!

Kate said...

She is so pretty!

Re knocking over the kids: The baby I cared for would sit in one of those jumper things in the doorway and everytime the doorbell would ring the dogs would race by and spin him! The baby loved it but it really scared me!

a. said...

Awww she has grown so much!!!

Susan D. said...

Awww, she is just beautiful! It looks like she took to swimming, well like a lab! I know you'll have fun at the beach.

Jess said...

What an expressive face!

Anonymous said...

Hi MM,
I haven't been around in a long while & I cannot believe you have a new preppy puppy!! We have a newbie as well - she is about to turn 5 months old - very cute & about the size of your little doll!! Our older lab was diagnosed with an agressive form of cancer back in March - she is still with us, but in fear of losing her quickly, we jumpstarted our puppy search & found our new love (who we named Lilly) very quickly - so thankfully the 2 doggies have each other & I have to say, it's great to watch our ole gal (who is doing & feeling great right now) enjoy her time with this energy-filled pup!!! I haven't read your blog in a long while, but I assume that your beloved Ginger has passed on & I want to extend my deepest sympathies - I know how these pups become such a huge part of our families & it's never easy to be without them ..... I am so glad you have a new pup to give your love to, Ginger would want it that way, right?? Cheers to you & your lovely little family ....