28 May, 2008

Finally, The Trip...

So finally, I have a few minutes to chat about our trip. This was the first resort type trip we've taken with the children since they are now "of age" where I feel like it's appropriate (typically we leave them behind for these types of trips). When they were younger, Mr. M and I just couldn't see how that would possibly be fun for any of us and I have to say, I'm so glad we held out. At 6 & 4-1/2, they are now at the age where we can really start to travel more with them and not have to tote along a million things that they need. It was really very easy!

We flew down on Friday, May 2nd in the morning and returned home the following Friday night. The resort was really beautiful with lush landscaping and beautiful waterfalls everywhere we turned. There were multiple pools, a lazy river (they boy's fave), hammocks in little tiki huts, shuffle board, bike trails, golf, pink pong, a playground, an arcade, and more. It was a great family vacation. What was also really nice was all of Mr. M's family from Boston and Nantucket were there as well. It was fun to be with everyone when it wasn't on the occasion of a funeral (or wedding)!. I'd be lying if I said there weren't a couple incidents initiated by one person in particular, but that is neither here nor there and I don't think it's completely appropriate for me to go into the on my blog. Let's just say it was very surprising and I was very hurt. It was very interesting taking a vacation with family since that isn't something we ever do because we always just travel as our family of 4. All said though, it was a great week.

Anyway, as I was saying, the boys had a really great time. Mr. M and I really enjoyed the time relaxing and playing with them. My poor fair skinned mini #1 got so so sunburned no matter how much and often I lathered him up with sunscreen! The sun was much stronger than at our beach (but on the plus side for me I got a great summer base for my tan!).

Sadly, I did not get to hook up with the famed Ashley, but we only left the resort one time all week. I did leave her message though so Ashley if you're reading, you owe me a phone call!! ;-)
Okay, I'm off to figure out how to entertain the mini's today. Here are a few pictures from our trip for you guys to enjoy. Consider yourself lucky you are only getting a "few" because let me just tell you I took 439 pictures! If I get around to it, I'll add a few more pictures later today.


11 Comments:

Muffy said...

AWWW! It looks like you had a really great time!!! That's fabulous! :)

so tired said...

I'm not sure if you are aware of it but your children have some strange stars on their faces. You should really take them to the doctor and have that checked out. ;)

Just kidding, of course. Thanks for sharing the pics.

And of course, now I am terribly interested in the person that instigated trouble for you on your vacation.......

Elizabeth H. said...

I love those swimsuits!!!!!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I LOVE your hat!

Kate said...

Looks like a funfilled vacation!

Monogram Momma said...

ha ha ha! So tired: I'm a much kinder person than to dish on this person who I have been very fond of and done nothing but defend for the past MANY years. Only because that is something this person would do and I know better. However, I will say it is the same person who is always rude only this time this person chose me as the target. NOT a smart move and it was extremely hurtful given how I how I have really come to care for this person and been very good to them over the years. Sadly, I will also NEVER get the apology I am owed from this person for their uncalled for and rude comments.

Casey said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation. Where on earth did you find that hat? I am desperately in search of a cute beach hat for myself.

pinkngreen said...

the hat is FABULOUS!!!
and your minis look adorable in their VV swim wear!!!

I love that you were able to take your children on a resort vacation... it will be awhile before we are able to do that..... are you able to share which resort you went to? Not trying to be nosy... just inquiring for future reference....

Thank you for sharing your photos.... they are awesome!!
oh, ad I really hope you're not itching anymore... or it's at least getting better!!

Monogram Momma said...

Thanks, pinkngreen! The resort is the Hyatt Coconut Plantation outside of Naples, FL in Bonita Springs. Click the link from this blog post to the one referencing my vacation, and on that other post it will give you a link there. It was wonderful but there is no way we would have done this with babies or toddlers. Too nerve wracking and we wouldn't have really been able to enjoy it.

Unknown said...

I'm so bummed I didn't get to meet you!! You sounded nice on your message, you know I'm afraid of mean phone people and I can tell you are not one ;-)

Off to check out the pics. Their pool is to die for, isn't it?

Monogram Momma said...

Well I AM nice!!!! ;-) Call me anytime and I prommise to be nice.

Yes, the pool was fantastic!