14 January, 2008

Let the Healing Begin

Isn't she beautiful? As I type this post, new preppy puppy is sleeping in my lap. She won't be able to do that for very long! As it turns out, Mr. Monogram was put in contact with this breeder the week we lost preppy puppy. Knowing how hard her loss would be for me, he purchased the new puppy (the only chocolate female in her litter of 12, just as Ginger had been) and kept it to himself. I have to admit, I was FURIOUS when he finally came clean, but now I see it was the right thing to do.

Yesterday marked one month since we lost our beloved little girl, and it's honestly been the worst time in my life. For me the pain hasn't gotten better with each passing day, it's gotten worse. The emptiness in the house has been unbearable. But picking up our new girl on Saturday has already helped the dark clouds to lift a little. She is a real doll and is sleeping beautifully through the night (thank God!!). We picked her up from the breeder Sat, and she was 6 weeks to the day. She has amazing parents with her mother being a field trial champion and her father being the top CSI and man tracking canine in the state, as well part of the international research institute for canine tracking. He even wears his own law enforcement badge on his collar! Speaking of collars, her collar? SO FREAKING CUTE you won't believe it until you really see it. In fact, I bought her 2 adorable collars from the same person, whom I can't WAIT to share with you guys later. I know you will all go as crazy for her dog collars and leads as I have.

I've got to take the little one out to potty and get mini #2 awake and dressed and fed, but look for me later to hop on with such a fabulous pet find you are all going to go crazy!
XO-MM

31 Comments:

hqm said...

Congratulations on your new addition. I am sure she will bring the Monogram Family many years of happiness!

Rachel said...

Awwww!!! I was hoping a new puppy would be your announcement. I'm never going to turn down discounts, crafts, or a fun new find but really can't imagine losing my precious puppy and I know you've been hurting. All the best to your growing family!

Ned said...

I am so happy for you. We also immediately got a choc puppy after we lost our 11 yr old black lab. It does get easier.

lisagh said...

What a sweetie! She has a little glint in her eye - perhaps foretelling of some mischief to come? What fun.

Does she have a name yet?

a. said...

Congrats on the new little girl - Now I want one!

melissa said...

Congratulations - she is adorable!!

Melissa

Suburban prep said...

You can not help but love a pup like that. What a darling.

Melissa C Morris said...

she's darling! best wishes on your new family member.

Melissa said...

She is absolutely adorable. I know no one will ever replace Preppy Puppy but I know your new little girl will bring you just as much new joy. So glad to hear of your new addition!

J said...

She is soooooooooooo cute! Ned is right, it does get easier. I'm so happy you have a new addition to the family! How do the boys like her so far?

KK said...

HOW ADORABLE! I was wondering if you would add to the family! She is beautiful.

Sarah M said...

She is adorable! Congratulations.

Susan said...

Aww..she is adorable. We also got a new puppy shortly after losing our beloved collie, but it really does help! She'll be so much fun for your family:)

TCP said...

Oh, congrats! She looks so sweet. I always have a soft spot for chocolate labs, as that's what we had when I was growing up. They're such good dogs.

Monogram Momma said...

Thank you so much, everyone! The boys are having a great time with her and we are thoroughly enjoying her sweet little puppy breath.

sle said...

I had to laugh reading the "sweet puppy breath" comment. I have to admit I love the way their little tummy feels! Oh I remember those days....better hide all the shoes and bring out the chew toys! She is precious.

sherri said...

she is the most precious baby I've seen. How much fun for you and your family and what a great way to start the new year. I am trying to get a yellow one . Then we can compare notes. I am so excited for you.

DebbieDo said...

Congratulations on your new addition. She is truly adorable. I don't know what I would do if I lost Charlie, he is the rock in our house. I almost well up just thinking about it. (it's probably all the hormones, ha)

Thank you for your continued support, I truly appreciate it.

Margaret said...

Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful!!!!!!! :)

Shell said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad that yu have a new family member... she'll bring you all so much joy and plently of cuddles! What's her name???

Elizabeth H. said...

She is adorable! Congratulations!

Tammy B said...

She is so precious!

Sew Gracious said...

She is beautiful! She certainly has a wonderful, loving family! Wishing you many years of happiness with your newest member of the family.

Sarah said...

Congratulations, she's lovely!

Suz said...

Congrats, much happiness to your family!

dmmlandcruiser said...

Congratulations on the new addition! I know she will be cherished and well loved!

PINK POPPY said...

Awwww so dawg~gone cute!
Love the announcement & collars!!
Sweet hubby that Mr M is! :)
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan D. said...

Sorry I'm reading this a little late - she is adorable and looks very smart. Can't wait to read more about her.

Unknown said...

She's amazing! And I absolutely love the collars you posted. I need to get a doggie now so she can sport one! :)
-Regan From Sharp Lily

Tickled Pink And Green said...

We lost our Winnie about 7 years ago...can't believe it's been that long. She was hit by a car and my then 5 year old found her. It was awful. Definitely the worst summer I can remember. It does get easier, especially with a cute little new one to focus on!

Anonymous said...

I completely understand. When I lost our Magellan, two years ago-well, it still isn't the same. I have come to love our own preppy puppy, and we are finally working on that forever bond. I felt that Mr. QM rushed on the dog as well, but you see, we found him on petfinder.org and the lady who was fostering him had named him, "Magellan."

Beautiful pup! I saw the collars! Ace definitely needs one or two!