08 October, 2007

Monday Nonsense (and a Great Discount from Lulu's too!)

I know, I know, I know. I’ve been a terrible blogger. If you’d asked me 6 months ago if I ever expected my leisurely life as a SAHM to be this hectic with the boys, their school and activities and friends, I would have so no freaking way. I won't even get into the subject of the current homeroom mom drama I'm in the middle of at mini #1's school. Suffice to say, I simply don’t have all the time like I did as I’m involved in lots of things right now and appear to just be spreading myself a little too thin. And, honestly? When I do have the time, I really don’t want to be sitting in front of the computer. I swear I will get around to showing you some of these multitudes of projects I’ve been doing around the house.

Anyhow, this weekend was pretty good. Auburn royally whipped Vandy’s behinds which made for good vibes in the Monogram household. We had our babysitter come over on Saturday night and went out to a FABULOUS restaurant with good friends and then hit up a dueling piano bar. I know, I can hardly believe it either and yes, you read that right. It had literally been 9 years (my bachelorette party) since I have stepped foot in a dueling piano bar and I have to say, it was a fun way to cap off a great evening of fine dining and drinks. It’s not like we’ll be regulars or anything, but it was a fun, out-of-the-ordinary thing to do with our friends and we all had a great time (and no, I did not make it to Mass yesterday morning as a result). Such a great time was had in fact, that our babysitter had to spend the night.

Speaking of music, I have to share this with you guys. My dad emailed this clip of Anita Renfroe to my sisters and I and it’s HYSTERICAL! I love this woman and I’ve adopted this is my new theme song for my life. I might just have to start breaking out into my Opera voice, serenading the mini's as I chauffeur them around town.


Oh, one last, very important thing. Lulu’s Labels & Such, a super cute, uber preppy little online shop is offering a special holiday discount code to all preppy bloggers for us to share with our readers. THIS, is a great discount, too! CLICK HERE to head over to Lulu’s and stock up for Holiday gifts and receive 15% off your entire purchase PLUS free shipping labels! Seriously!

6 Comments:

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

too funny for words. thanks for sharing the clip

a. said...

Very funny!

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, now MM, I'm normally a lurker, but your just hurtin' my feelin's here with your Auburn/Vandy love. Think of those poor sad Vandy students (of which, my child is one) who are trying to cope with such a loss. LOL. Also, I enjoyed your Martha comments -- btw, did you know way in advance exactly when her sewing show would be? I'm off to NYC tomorrow morning and we're going to Martha on Wed. NOT excited at all -- I think we're hitting the MOST boring show of the season -- some geriatric DR. Blech! You got fabulous sewing bags -- we'll probably get a can of prunes and a discount card for a nursing home!

Ned said...

Do tell about the homeroom mom drama...I am in middle of it too!

Monogram Momma said...

Ned: what is it with some of these mothers?! I swear you wouldn't believe what I am dealing with! Long story short, my co-room mom essentially threw a temper tantrum to me in an email saying she was resigning, already emailed the teacher AND the rest of the parents in the class. She did neither, as I came to find out, but in the meantime, I had to do damage control and get the head of the room mothers for the entire school involved and the teacher as well. I don't know why she signed up to do this. They were very clear that it was a big responsibility at the school, and also detailed what it entailed, but she is the type of person who is very easily overwhelmed and can't time manage having 2 kids. I actually like her and our sons have become good friends, so it makes the whole thing very difficult. What's the drama on your end?

Monogram Momma said...

Thimbleanna: have fun! Yes, we knew what show we were going to b/c we were invited to the show as a group. It was awesome!!! I would be a little sour too if I was stuck going to todays show!