22 October, 2007

Halloween Costume Ideas


It’s that time of year again, folks. Yep. The time to start rummaging through your parents attics, your mess of a basement, the Halloween shops that have popped up on every street corner this time of year, and even (shutter) the thrift store. Why, you ask? It’s time to come up with some Halloween costumes. So with Halloween next week, this week is going to be all about costumes.

Thankfully, this year the Monogram’s will not be attending any Costume party’s as I can’t imagine squeezing one more event into the next two weeks. But since sister #2 has a big 40th birthday costume party to attend next weekend with her husband, she and I have been wracking our brains for great ideas for the past couple weeks. Naturally, that got me thinking that you guys might want a few ideas also, so I thought I’d share a few, for those of you scrambling to come up with a great Halloween costume. Have any other great ideas? Please share in comments!

Bob Ross


Olive Oil & Popeye or Brutus

Green Giant


Captain Crunch

PacMan & Ms. PacMan

Martha Stewart
You had to know I would put this on my list!

Carnival Sideshow people
This is the Bearded Lady,
but you can get some costume ideas here


Love Boat Crew
Since it's the 25th anniversary of the Love Boat, these costumes are
in your local costume shops for purchase this year!

Gortons Fisherman


Morton Salt Girl

Burger King “King” & Wendy from Wendy’s
This is my favorite idea this year!
You can pick up the Wendy’s wig here and the BK mask here.


Mel & Flo from the tv show Alice

7 Comments:

Rachel said...

I don't have a costume party to attend, but I love the costume ideas. I especially enjoyed the picture of the Mel's Diner crew! I'm now singing the theme song and probably will be for some time, "There's a new girl in town..."

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Great ideas!!!! So funny. I would so love to be Flo and tell people "Kiss my Grits!!!" :)

Monogram Momma said...

TPP, that is so funny! I totally forgot she said that!! LOL!

Unknown said...

Bob Ross is my favorite. I can't imagine any else dressing up as him.

hqm said...

Great ideas...we are scrambling for costume ideas over here! You have given me some inspiration....THANKS!

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I vote for someone to use the green giant. But agree about the flo comment for women wanting to dress up. That would be fun to say.

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

OMG! Bob Ross is one of hubby's favorite... I'll have to share that idea. What a funny list.