08 June, 2007

I wonder if Paris Hilton Knows How to Embroider a Chain Stitch?

So you know I would have posted something sooner, but what with this Paris Hilton mess, I have been glued to CNN and Headline News like grease on a leg of fried chicken. And believe you me this story is just about as juicy too.

I mean, who would have thought that the judge would actually send her pampered Hilton rear-end back to the pokey? Not me, that’s for sure! But she deserves to do her time for her crime and hopefully she’ll learn a lesson. Let’s only hope the Lindsay’s, the Britney’s, and Nicole’s of the world will learn from this as well. I’ll tell you another thing, speaking about Lindsay, her underage, drunk, freckled face belongs in the back of a paddy-wagon too.

Anyhoo, to send you off on this glorious Friday afternoon (unless, of course you are Paris Hilton and I have to believe nothing is so glorious to you about this Friday afternoon-big hugs and kisses on your way to the slammer though, sweetie!), I’ve found some great stitch diagrams from the Embroiders Guild to show you guys how easy a chain stich is for yesterdays project. I’ve also included a few other simple stitches that could work for the monogrammed tie project as well. These are very basic, simple stitches and I just know that all of you non embroiderers can swing it.

Chain Stitch Bring the thread at the top of the line and hold it down with the left thumb. Insert the needle where it last emerged and bring the point out a short distance away. Pull the thread through, keeping the working thread under the needle point.





Open Chain Stitch Bring the thread through at A and, holding it down with the left thumb, insert the needle at B. Bring the needle through at C, the required depth of the stitch. Leaving this loop slightly loose, insert the needle at D and with the thread under the point of the needle, bring it through for the next stitch. Secure the final loop with a small stitch at each side.






Split Stitch Bring the needle through at A and, following the line to be covered, take a small back stitch so that the needle comes up through the working thread, as shown in the diagram.





Stem Stitch Work from left to right, taking regular small stitches along the line of the design. The thread always emerges on the left side of the previous stitch. This stitch is used for flower stems, outlines, etc. It can also be worked as a filling if worked closely together within a shape until it is completely filled.

Now you guys should be ready to get started. I swear it is easy and you can do it. Heck, half of you have blogs and that it a lot harder to figure out than a chain stitch. I only wonder if they’ll allow Paris to work on her chain stitch while she’s working on the chain gang. You think?

3 Comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

hahaha! no needles for little miss paris!

Unknown said...

I read all that and just see blahblahblahblah, but I really want to learn this stuff so I will keep at it and maybe actually even practice. I did half a cross stitch once, that counts right?

If Paris can do a chain stitch, I'm just going to kill myself now. I'm pretty sure I can do anything she can do (except all the screwing up)

Broady said...

I think you need to post a graphic for the "get-a-brain-stitch" for Miss Paris. I was amazed (and a little disappointed) by the frenzied media coverage-- and totally embarrassed that I was so intrigued by it!