09 March, 2007

2 Things Everyone Should Know


The weather is so amazing here today, I jsut can't even begin to tell you. After spending far too much money at Hobby Lobby this morning, Mini #2 and I picked up his big brother and a friend from school and headed to the park for a picnic and some playtime outside in the fresh air. We were lucky enough to have the train go through the park twice while we were there to, so nanturally that is all the boys have been talking about.

At any rate, we're home now and in the spirit of Martha I thought I'd share a couple tips you guys might find as useful as I do. Just don't look for them in my "30 Things Everyone Should Know" book because unfortunately monogram momma doesn't exactly have the star powerhouse that is MSLO backing her to write such a helpful little handbook!

I don’t know about your puppy, but preppy puppy has the longest and fastest growing nails I’ve ever seen. We just can not keep up with them and the quick is so long that trimming her nails is fruitless. Not to mention she squirms and complains while huffing and puffing while we are trying ever so carefully to trim her nails without painfully cutting the quick. So at Christmastime, we sat her down and pulled out the Dremmel. Honestly it was so painless for preppy puppy and quick and easy for me that she didn’t even mind. For some reason, filing or sanding the nail and quick doesn’t make the quick bleed like cutting it does, so I was able to file them super super short without any pain whatsoever (to either of us!) that this. I will say though, it took Mr. Monogram holding her and just rubbing her belly while I filed and I recommend using the attachment thingie so you don’t have the entire weight of the dremmel in your hand. Check one more thing of your “To Do” list this weekend!

Most of us probably have some hooks installed in our closets to hang up those ever important monogrammed bags and pretty pink and green scarves, no? Well I for one was tired of all my bags, scarves, and misc little accessory items taking up my much needed closet shelf space or even, ending up on the floor (the horror!). So after taking a little cruise through the aisles of my local home improvement store (read: Lowes), I picked up 6 or 7 of the industrial hooks they sell for hanging bikes or ladders in your garage. Why did I choose these? You can see how these are long and deep hooks and I can get twice the amount of things on them than I normally would with other hooks, and my bags aren’t all squeezed together holding on to the hook for dear life. I love this idea!

Looking Ahead: I won't tell you why right now, but start gathering up all your old silk scarves and old ties of your significant other. Pick up some patterned silk fabric remnants or some inexpensive scarves and ties. I have a great project heading your way!

6 Comments:

kstyle said...

OMG those hooks are brilliant. Will be heading to Lowes this weekend. k

Monogram Momma said...

K, this has worked out SO WELL in my closet, I can't begin to tell you. Mr. M screwed them into the studs in the wall (after starting a hole w/ the drill) and they are off-set so I am able to literally fill the entire wall with my bags, and two additional hooks above the lightswitch in the closet for scarves and pashminas. The beauty is that NOTHING is smooshed or overlapping anything else. Good luck!

Alyson said...

We used the dremmel tonight on Maddie and it was so quick and easy! Great suggestions!

k e r r y said...

oooh! great idea - I have a new closet in my future and this idea is going to be perfect! I can't wait to see the project coming...

CFB said...

1st Place!!! Congrats.

lauren said...

this is genius!!! we are moving next month, and will definitely do this in my new closets! :)