12 February, 2007

Grammy Wrap Up

Knowing how much monogram momma loves to belt out a good tune on a pretty regular basis, ya'll just know I was sitting in bed folding laundry last night, shakin my hips with Shakira and Wyclef. How awesome were the Grammy's last night?! Seriously I think they were the best ever! In case you missed it, it was jam-packed with performances, kicked off by a reunion of The Police (AMAZING!), and also including Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, my girls, the Dixie Chicks who scored in every single category they nominated, and JOhn Legend the list goes on and on. WOW. That's about all I can say.

There were also the obligatory dedicatications and numbers by classics like Smokey Robinson and Lionel Ritchie. Speaking of Smokey singing "Tracks of My Tears," anyone else but me taking a good look at his face NOT moving? He has had some seriuos plastic surgery and botox is all I can say! And Christina? Well honestly I just do NOT know how that tiny size negative barbie doll of a girl can belt out notes like she can. Say what you will about her, but the girl can sing. And even sitting down all hunched over as she was?! HOW is that even possible?! I'm super impressed.

I'm a tad disapointed I didn't see the regulars like J. Lo and Britney. I was really hoping Britney would show up and continue to show us what a mess she really is, but alas, it was not to be. Anyhoo, I'm jumping off here for a bit but will be back later today with a super cute craft that I'm finishing up in the kitchen right now. Catch you later!

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Britney was in NY, at Social and staying at The Carlyle.

a. said...

I was sort of disappointed in the show. I am not a Dixie Chicks fan at all. Everytime they won, I left the room.

Can't wait to see what you are whipping up today!

a. said...

I guess Brit didn't make it to the Grammy's....would have loved to see her face during JT's song...he must really still be pissed at her and enjoys throwing her messed up life in her face.

Kimba said...

Alyssa, come on over to my blog and enjoy my Chicks rant. Giddy up!

cdbnyc said...

I watched Smokey Robinson very closely and noticed that he did not blink once. Scary stuff.