21 December, 2006

Update: Inviting Smiles Disaster

Not to bring down the mood over here at monogram momma's, but I really needed to hop on and leave an update for all the people finding their way to me by Googling "Inviting Smiles + customer service" or something of the like. I think we all know by now that Inviting Smiles and customer service is an oxymoron. As Clark Howard says, it's more like "customer no-service".

At this point in time, this is what I am recommending...Call your credit card company and have the charges reversed due to non-delivery of goods ASAP. I have now heard from roughly 30 people, if you can believe that. I am so amazed at this whole sham they've created this Christmas, and can't BELIEVE they would do this to honest, paying customers during the holidays. NOBODY takes advantage of my readers and gets away with it, that's for sure! Truly, when they realized they were in over their heads, they should have stopped taking orders. But nope, they kept on taking them, and even letting people pay for expedited shipping even though they knew the cards wouldn't get out on time.

I've sent the owner 10 emails so far, as well as the consumerist. I know how disapointing and maddening this at the same time and i am SO SORRY for all the trouble this company has caused you. I am furious due to the fact that I recommended them and they have taken advantage of so many of my own readers. That is just NOT ok with me.

I'm sure by now many of you have come up with a back-up plan, although I know it's not what you've had in mind this year. Again, I'm so sorry for the trouble and please know I'm really trying to do everything I possibly can to get this company to take responsibility for this mess they created. In the mean time, I also urge you to file a claim (as others are doing) with the Better Business Bureau.

If you've sent me a personal email with your dilema the last 24 hours, know that it has been read by me and put into my "Inviting Smiles" folder. But due to the sheer volume of emails I'm receiving on this issue, I simply don't have time over the next day or two to email you all individually. I PROMISE, I will. But I hope in the meantime, this little bit of information will help you put an end to this mess once and for all, until we can hopefully get a response from these people after the holidays.

Good Luck!

8 Comments:

a. said...

Eeek, I can't believe they still have their website up. For shame!

Anonymous said...

you're probably going to be sued by them.

Monogram Momma said...

HA! I seriuosly doubt that THEY can sue ME for trying to help all the people they misled and left in the dark. They dug their own grave, all I'm doing is being a voice for my readers. Plain and simple.

a. said...

They can't sue you if what you are saying is the truth and there are obviously a lot of unhappy customers that would be happy to back you up in everything you've said!

Anonymous said...

If they do sue you, I would be happy to represent you pro bono after all of the headaches they caused my family this Xmas!!

Monogram Momma said...

Thanks, MA Lawyer! You are the best! ;-)

Monogram Momma said...

Thanks, MA Lawyer! You are the best! ;-)

Unknown said...

And yet they have time to keep updating their blog. Yikes.