18 December, 2006

In Search of Rudolph ( & Dominick)

This weekend proved to be another busy one, as it probably was for most of you as well. And since I am intent on trying to create the most picture perfect Christmas for the mini monograms each year, I was determined to find some reindeer this weekend. You'll be happy to know I not only succeeded in finding reindeer (the real reindeer's understudy's, as we told the mini's), but a few other frolicking holiday friends as well...


Christmas wouldn't be complete without the Three Wisemen's camels...

Star, the understudy

FYI She is awfully pushy for some apple

Random goat that would not leave us alone (there were MANY goats)
Now these are Donkey's the Monogram's can relate to. Italian Donkey's like our famous furry donkey friend, Dominick.

Speaking of Dominick the Donkey, if you aren't familiar with this holiday classic by Lou Monte, then the mini's insist you watch this little video and listen to their favorite christmas song. This is our annual favorite in the Monogram household. Even Mr. Monogram joins in on this one!

In case you're wondering about the Show Me Yours contest, don't fret. They're coming later this afternoon, I promise! It seems my digital camera needs new batteries so until I get out the door and pick up some new ones so I can take the pictures of my own card, it looks like I won't be able to Show You Mine. But they'll all be up this afternoon so not to worry!


5 Comments:

Meg said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't know anyone else knew about Dominick the Donkey! A favorite in our house as well, and we don't even have any kids.

Libby said...

I love how perfectly Star positioned herself under the "we love apples" sign!

PS: I just read the marvelous christmas cocktail post... local time is now 10:30 am... is that too early to start mixing?

a. said...

Needless to say, the Italian Christmas Donkey is always a big hit up here in the NY area. Along with the 12 Days of a Guido Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. Dominick the Donkey is a favorite here too. My two love running through the house making donkey sounds while my non-Italian husband just shakes his head. :-)

Unknown said...

I never heard of Dominick until I moved to the Windy City (suburbs, of course!). It has become one of my fave Christmas tunes!