22 November, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Setting: monogram momma, both mini monograms, preppy puppy, and Mr. Monogram laying in the bed after giving the mini’s their baths last night, just relaxing and having a little family conversation.

Me: Would everyone like to say what they are thankful for, like other families do on this holiday? Mini #1, what are you thankful for?

Mini #1: I’m thankful for mommy, daddy, Buster (his doggie stuffed animal) and preppy puppy. Oh, and Thomas (the tank engine)!

Me: Well, what about your brother? Aren’t you thankful for your brother?

Mini #1: Thinking…….
Thinking……..
Thinking………
Thinking………..

Mini #1: Well, maybe just a little tiny bit. But not too much.

Me: Okay then. What about you mini #2! What are you thankful for?

Mini #2: I’m fankful for dweaming (read: dreaming) and cosmo (his doggie stuffed animal)

Me: Aren’t you thankful for your brother?

Mini #2: Oh yeah. Him too. I weally wuv my brudder.

Me: That is so sweet! Now it’s Daddy’s turn! Daddy, what are you thankful for this year?

Mr. Monogram: I’m thankful I’m not a part of this conversation

Me: Okay then. Way to participate in family time! (I guess we know he won’t be getting any tickets)

I can only hope you guys are a “little tiny bit” more thankful for your siblings (and family in general) than mini #1 is this Thanksgiving. But if not, here’s hoping the beer and wine will make the holiday just a “little tiny bit” more fun for you!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

P.S. As a little side note, let me just say how thankful I am to all my readers and blogging friends I’ve made out here in cyberspace. You guys are a hoot and so much fun, and I love hearing from you all. So many thanks to you for making monogram momma’s such a fun and creative atmosphere!

8 Comments:

That's Sew Sally said...

My mom had 3 kids in 3 years and 3 months and we all fought all the time. Usually I was the odd man out even though I am the middle child because my sister was (and is) such a tomboy. Now I get along great with both of them and they don't really get along with each other. Go figure! Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions to inspire me. I'll post about my Christmas cards when I get them made. Boosy Bar-wife really thinks they are cute!

a. said...

So cute...

Happy Thanksgiving to MM and the Monogram family :-)

emma said...

Your boys are too cute. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too :D

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sew Gracious said...

Happy Thanksgiving to The Monogram Family! Love that family dialog and the warm, fuzzy family moment. ;-) Mr. M is a hoot!

Cheers!!!

lisagh said...

Happy Thanksgiving MM! And thanks for you too!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Yes, the wine and beer help make the day more bearable.
I was so touched and surprised when I asked my son at bedtime "What was your favorite part of Thanksgiving today?" His response " The food and having my family around the table"..........awwwwww, the kid is only 7. So cute.

Sarah said...

So sweet- I can't wait to have kids!!