01 November, 2006

And the Preppy Pumpkin Winner Is.......

Well, once again, you all have showed me how talented and crafty you all are! Thank you to everyone who carved, emailed, voted, or even just stopped by to have a look! I hope you guys love the Show Me Yours competitions as much as I do, but then again I tend to have a slightly overly competitve spirit so perhaps not. Anyhoo, let's get right to the point, shall we? Drum roll please.......

After careful calculations by the accounting team at Earnst & Young (ok, well not really, but that's what they say at the Emmy's so I thought it would be effective here too), the voting total broke down like this (although seriuosly, it won't hurt my feelings if anyone demands a re-count, given my less than superb math skills which we've already adressed on this blog).

Pirate: 1
Jill: 1
Lisa:1
Heather:1
Phillips family: 4
Alyson: 9

Therefore, by Popular Vote, the winners of the
Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine: Preppy Pumpkin contest are...

1st Place: The recipient of Preppy headband from Three Chickadees is
Alyson with her preppy ribbon
(which everyone seems to be stealing, btw)

and......

2nd Place: The recipient of a preppy grosgrain belt from Three Chickadees goes to
The Phillips family with their preppy Chad

Wooooooo Hooooooo!!!
Thank you to the Lisa and the ladies of Three Chickadees for sponsoring this fun contest! Congratulations,Winners! Alyson, you especially really came back strong in the competition! So Please email me with your contact information

Now, it occurred to me last night that we never even chatted about Halloween costumes! DUhhhhhhh! But give a girl a break as I did give you plenty of warning that October would be super crazy for me. Not to worry, I've taken note to cover that next year (Lord knows I think I exhausted myself with all the talk of pumpkins so next October will have to be all about cosumes I suppose). So, to officially end Halloween and put it to rest until next year, behold, the mini monograms in all their Halloween finery.


Sporting the most fashion forward in yellow fishing gear and boots, is Mini #1, a.k.a. The Fisherman (and b/c he's too busy to shave, he was donning his 5 o'clocl shaddow).


Look! it's the catch of the day! A big Scary Shark, a.k.a. mini #2. Ahhhhhhhhhh!


Of course, I DO realize they look more like examples from the "Fashion Don't" page of your favorite magaine with their faces blurred out, but sorry guys, take it up with Mr. Monogram over the anonimity issue. Until tomorrow when we start up with Holiday fun, Bye and thanks for stopping by!

8 Comments:

Unknown said...

Mini-Monograms look adorable, even with the "anonymous faces". Love your preppy pumpkins. Will have to try some of my own next year! :)

Sew Gracious said...

Congratulations to the winner!!! :-)

Love the Minis' costumes! VERY CUTE, indeed!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winners.

Love the costumes on the minis :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who's an accountant for Ernst & Young in Atlanta!

Monogram Momma said...

Thanks, guys! They loved their costumes so much I honestly thought they were going to sleep in them. They did NOT want to take them off last night!

Melissa C Morris said...

The little ones look just darling -- So much fun to see them all dressed up!

Anonymous said...

awww- the minis are so cute!!!I wanted my Cooper to wear his babystyle shark- he flat refused-he wore a dog instead---glad to see how cute the shark was on!!!

Susan Dench said...

Congrats to the winners! The Minis look so adorable!