05 September, 2006

So Long Summer, Happy Fall Ya'll

Well with Labor Day only a memory of yesterday, you know what that means. Time to pack up the seersucker and white white sandals, and break out the cords and loafers for Fall. I must share a tearful goodbye with my trusty summertime friend, my Hawaiian Tropic #4. Here’s to next summer or better yet, I’ll see you real soon in October for our next vacation. At any rate, I hope you have all enjoyed your long holiday weekend.

With the in-laws in town, we ventured up to the mountains with the mini monograms to play in the riverbeds, skip rocks, frolic in the waterfalls and just have a laid back picnic sort of day. Unfortunately, preppy puppy did not make the trip with us, but it was really nice and the weather was just amazing and so cool and crisp. Fall is truly my absolute favorite time of year and I am already aching for the foliage to start turning. But you know our little excursion didn’t happen without us encountering some interesting folks, right?

Ahhhhhhhhhh… I love coming to the mountains to enjoy the lovely views, cool 60 degree temps, and above all, fresh mountain air. The scenery is truly just so beautiful up here, don’t you agree?


Now, everyone, breathe with me. Deep, deep breaths. You know, we must take full advantage of this fresh, clean air up here before we head back to the city.


Poor, thing. Apparently she has lost her copy of The Preppy Handbook, or she would know that this head-to-toe camouflage look is a no-no, unless of course you’re sitting in a tree on a deer stand with a rifle in hand, waiting to tack one on Bambi’s behind. *deep sigh*


Alas, I have found it. My pot of gold! This marks the first official sighting of the 100 pound pumpkins which I wait with baited breath for every fall. In true Martha style, I have a long list of good uses for these pumpkins and while they are my favorite thing about Fall, sadly, Mr. Monogram does not share these warm fuzzy pumpkin feelings with me. It took every ounce of strength Mr. Monogram had to get me back in the car without first filling it to the brim with 100 lb pumpkins. I do this every fall and it’s nearly a just cause for divorce for him. He hates monogram momma running around the yard after him telling him how and where to place these gigantic beauties.

So before I head out to start picking out the great pumpkins, I need to make a few adjustments to my daily "To Do" list. I've got loads of ribbon to buy for two projects I'm working on this week, a birthday party to start planning for mini #2, a photo contest entry to pull together, and a whole heap of other not so fun stuff to do today. So happy trails, and happy Fall, and remember if you can, to try to stop and enjoy the fresh air and views.

9 Comments:

Tod said...

Get pictures!!

Anonymous said...

no need to be rude...these people probably thought you and your polo/lacoste wearing family looked just as ridiulous as you thought they did! to each his own...

i ready for more of your projects... i love them!

Monogram Momma said...

Sit tight, more projects coming this week. Unfortunately I don't have time to come up with a new project every single day since I also have 2 small children to take care of, a house to keep up, a dog to pat, errands to run, meals to prepare, laundry to wash, etc. etc. I promise, more good stuff to come. If you have anything specific you want to see, please email me or post it.

Anonymous said...

I am eager to hear about some pumpkin ideas - we have our very own pumpkin patch growing in our back field! Hubby just harvested our first 3 pumpkins, which will take their place next to my mums (that I need to plant, immediately!) on the front porch. However, I can already see that 3 was just the beginning, so although I am not really that creative, I am up for some neat ideas for my pumpkins, besides prepping for some pumpkin goodies this Fall - yum, yum, yum!!!

By the way, love the wild sightings on your adventure - very cute :) I keep saying that I need a camera phone -- priceless!

J said...

I can't wait to see what you end up doing with the pumpkins! You must post photos :)

Monogram Momma said...

Kim & J- I've got LOADS of great pumpkin and fall ideas that I can't wait to share with you all in the next couple of weeks! As I mentioned, this is my absolutel FAVE time of year and believe me when I say I go ALL OUT with my fall decorations and projects in true Martha Style! *wink*

Monogram Momma said...

well, you are certainly entitled to your opinon!

jennifer m. said...

ok. this was funny. :-).

Tanya Hyman said...

As a true Southern girl, all I can say about those folks at the mountains is "bless their hearts". It reminds me of some of my family reunions. Great blogging!