19 September, 2006

Channeling Jackie O

It’s no small secret that I love headbands and pretty much anything resembling a headband, and in last months Star Magazine (yes that’s right, I said STAR MAGAZINE) Nicole Richie was really rocking out some adorable Jackie O type head scarf’s. I mean, adorable! And as fate would have it, I stumbled upon the fantastic Heather Bailey and her head scarf pattern without really looking for it. What’s truly great about this head scarf pattern, aside from being free for the taking of course, is that it requires very minimal fabric and supplies, and the pattern includes 3 sizes. Yes, that’s right! THREE SIZES! The one and only change I would make to the pattern is that to get the authentic classic head scarf look, make sure you generously extend the length of the head scarf on the pattern, to get that nice long extra trail of fabric going when you tie it. So sit down and whip up matching head scarf’s for you, your child, and your baby all at once!

Okay, okay, so there’s a fine line between making these oh-so-right-now fashionable head scarfs look more Jackie O than Steven Tyler, so all I’m saying is just use your judgment, okay? But if you really like this look but don’t want to make it, as always, you know you can count on me for some sources to spend that cash burning a hole in your pocket. So my first stop I have to recommend is the store they mentioned in Star, and that is Hot Items Online. And while this store looks a little more ebay-ish than celebrity-ish, I must say I really love the Pucci head scarf’s they’ve got. And of course, make sure you take notice of the brown polka dot that they are showing Brit Brit wearing. But to really channel Jackie and get that awe-inspiring look, I somehow stumbled upon Lu Lu’s. I must say, what a fun little find! I am in love with their classic preppy striped head scarf’s and what’s ingenious about this design is that they are also made to be worn as a belt if you so desire. And at a mere $4, the price simply can NOT be better! However, if you’re looking for a more upscale version of this must have accessory for the fall, then by all means, do not forget to stop at the master of all things divine and silk, Hermes.

Now, after you check out these online sources, make sure you keep your eyes open when you’re out and about. For instance, I am sporting a cute blue and brown head scarf today that I bought at Old Navy last year, with a pair of cuffed jeans, a blue shirt, and blue and brown flip flops. Target is another great source to check out as they tend to always be up with all the current trends, and let’s not forget J Crew, Gap, or even your big name department stores. As for me, I'm going to be making my head scarf myself today while the boys are at pre-school. But whether you make it or buy it, throw on your large rimmed sunglasses, put the top down on the convertible, and have fun channelling your inner Jackie today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this look I added some picture of Nicole Ritchie in that outfit to our blog not that long ago you should have a look she looks v.stylish!

Jill said...

Apparently Nicole's cute look is from the new Lionel Richie video. I just happened to catch it this morning on VH1. Talk about an 80's flash back! We are driving up to Lake George this weekend in a convertible so I just may do the scarf thing. Better than picking bugs out of my hair...LOL!