17 July, 2006

Happy Monogram Monday

So as I mentioned earlier at the end of my boring blog about peas (seriously, what was I thinking?), this begins “Monogram Monday” where I will attempt to give you good ideas for something to monogram on Mondays. I have no idea why, really, I just like the way it sounds. And if you have returned for your second helping of monogram momma today, then obviously you are interested in Monogram Monday as well. So let’s get to it, shall we? Unfortunately, when we have guests, our guests must share a bathroom with mini monogram #1 (I will say this though; at least he puts down BOTH toilet seats when he’s done, unlike Mr. Monogram). So because of this, I needed to make the bathroom appealing to a wide audience range, and what I did was put in crisp white bead board and a chair rail. The walls are painted a beautiful apple green color, and the plain white waffle weave shower curtain that was in there, was taken to my favorite monogram lady to be monogrammed. When I re-hung it, fresh with its new crisp black monogram, I also added some black and white gingham ribbon where the shower rings latched on. You can see for yourself how cute it looks, and it’s so eye catching when you walk into the bathroom, it really makes a statement in this small bathroom. Now, if you want to attempt this yourself, then you have a few options. You can either do what I have done and purchase a plain shower curtain (or one you already have) and take it to have monogrammed yourself, and even add a grosgrain ribbon border to it, or check out one of several sites such as Lovely Stitches where you can pick out your own fabric from a wide range of delicious looking fabrics and for $12 have them monogram it for you as well. Now, if you happen to have more of the French country look going for you in your home, then they’ve got a really pretty monogrammable matelasse shower curtain by Peacock Alley over at the Linen Place. Also worth noting is that while pricey, it’s also made with Egyptian Cotton and you know how I feel about having the best! If you happen to need something for you own “mini’s” bathroom, then I am a HUGE fan of the Warm Biscuit Bedding Co. You can pick out any number of classic or retro fabrics and have them custom make anything from bedding to shower curtains to burp cloths and towels. And over at Ballard Designs, they’ve got a very affordable, classic white with colored border monogrammed shower curtain. But if a black ad white polka dot shower curtain happens to be in your future (which btw, it is most certainly not in mine), then you should probably check out the one at The Pink Monogram. Another great option is at Beetle Nut Embroidery, where you can either purchase your own shower curtain and send it to them to embroider for you (you tell them your colors, style, etc) or they will even go buy one for you, embroider it, and send it to you. So while you’re sunning on the beach, you can have someone else doing your running around and embroidering for you! Talk about a “good thing” which as you know, I am all about. As always, I must send you over to my temple called Horchow where for the bargain price of $215 you too can have a monogrammed shower curtain like moi (like how I broke out my 4 years of French again?). However, while you’re there, you must take a look-see at the seersucker shower curtains as well, which would look so adorable in any bathroom (naturally, with a monogram of course!). And now, my fellow monogrammers, I hope the first “Monogram Monday” has lived up to your expectations. But now it’s time for me to get back to work on my madras headbands and see what I can whip up for dinner since sadly, I do not have a bevy of chefs in my kitchen like Martha does.

6 Comments:

Alyson said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I will be adding a monogrammed shower curtain to my home soon!!!!

Monogram Momma said...

in bathroom, my rule of thumb is that if you do a full monogram on the shower curtain, it's ok to do a single monogram (1 letter) on the bath towels. It's overkill to monogram every single towel and shower curtain too. In this bathroom, because it's on the smaller side, I did a single monogram on the shower curtain and then no monogram on the towels. However, i've personalized it in other ways, which will be a post for another day!

Anonymous said...

did you just knot the ribbon or are they bows?

also- when you use three letter monograms do you use your initials or you and your husbands? i'm from south carolina and everyone always used the woman's...now i live in dc and everyone uses a combination of wife and husband's initials. guess it doesn't matter, just had never seen it that way before!

Sarah said...

This is a fabulous idea! I LOVE the white seersucker one.

Monogram Momma said...

Once you are married, you should ALWAYS use your combined monogram on things such as stationary, flatware, glassware, linens, etc.. (according to Crane's Blue Book of Stationary, which is my etiquette Bible). It's only appropriate to use your own monogram initals if it's solely for you such as your own stationary (not joint) or jewelry. When doing your combined monogram, the womans initial goes first, then the joint last name initial in the center (large of course), then the husbands first initial.
P.S. I tied very small bows with longer tails but be creative and do whatever you think looks best!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.