25 May, 2009

National Stationery Show Recap

What a great 3 days in New York! The NSS was fantastic, although from what I've been told, slightly smaller this year due to the economy, and some popular companies such as Boatman Geller were no-shows. However, it was still great. And if you've never been to Javits Convention Center in NY, then let me just tell you how big it is. HUGE. No, ENORMOUS.

I wasn't there five minutes when I literally ran smack into the talented Kristin Pearce. I mean, LITERALLY we ran into each other and started screaming like schoolgirls we were so excited to see each other. We've "known" each other for the past 3 years but this was the first time meeting in person and it was like we'd known each other forever. We met up for lunch later in the day where The Preppy Princess and the Princess Consort met up with us as well. Talk about FABULOUS! I can not wait to see PP and her husband again and get to spend some more time with them. Another person I finally connected with in person was the fabulous Grove Gal K and her partner Grove Gal E. LOVED THEM! I wish I'd gotten to spend some more time with them but hopefully I'll see them again soon (Atlanta, perhaps?).

It was also fantastic to finally meet all the designers that I've been blogging about for the past 3 years (Hello, Whitney English!) and to also spend a delicious dinner at a fun little Irish Pub with another preppy blogger, Suz. Suz is another blogging buddy I've known for years so she was so sweet to come pick me up at Javits after working all day, then take me out and make sure I got got on the correct train as well. We had a fun dinner mixed with a few beers so I can't wait to see her again too! Oh! Probably the most important person I finally got to meet in real life, was Caroline, owner of Paper Concierge. We talk every other day and although I've been with Paper Concierge since October, we've never met. Crazy! Anyway, she is as awesome as I knew she would be and I loved getting to spend time with her at the show. We had a great time and I look forward to seeing her again.

While I think my feet are still trying to recover from all the walking and I do have some funny NJ Public Transportation stories (as in a very nice Asian family taking pity on me and helping me with my luggage on the first day and then taking me all the way to Ridgewood, NJ where my bff lives), I would do it again a million times over. It was so amazing being in one place with so many creative people; it was truly inspiring!


2 Comments:

Precious and Pink said...

Thanks for all of the pics, the show looked amazing! How can I get one of the monogrammed memo boards (the framed green/white paper background with monogram). Its so adorable! please email me! preciousandpink@gmail.com

Linger Longer said...

just can't express how insanely proud i am of you! (ok, and a little jealous too!!) Keep the creative juices flowing. Hope to see you this summer. RF