15 May, 2007

Tag, You're It!

Today was the last day of preschool for the mini monograms, and a very bittersweet day in particular for mini #1 since he will be going to kindergarten next year. Most of these kids he has been in preschool with for the past 3 years and won't likely see them again since he is going to private school. When I pulled up to school today to pick them up, mini #1's class was on the playground, and I just sat there quietly in my car with the windows down and a gentle breeze blowing, watching one of his teachers chase he and his friends on the playground playing tag. They were laughing and hooting and hollering and having a great time. And all I could think is that this is why I love this school, and I'm so glad my child has these memories and experiences from such a great place. *sigh*

But enough of my sentimental day, because Pink Daisies tagged me last week with 7 Things and it has literally taken me this long to come up with 7 things that you don't know about me. So here you go!

1) I’ve never really been 100% on-board with mini #1’s first name (even though it’s a family name). To this day I still think we should have named him our other choice (but Mr. Monogram won out).

2) My favorite cereal is Peanut Butter Captain Crunch but then I have to put real chunks of Jiff Peanut Butter in the cereal with it. My sisters and I have been eating it this way our entire lives since we were little and it grosses my husband out.

3) Sadly, I am probably the world’s worst knitter. Seriously. I am a really bad knitter which is a shame because I really want to knit & it is not for lack of trying!

4) I think having my eyebrows tended to is the worst possible beauty regimen that could have been invented. For some reason, although I have a very high pain tolerance every where else on my body, I cry like a baby when I have my eyebrows done. Because of this I only pluck them myself when necessary in very small doses (think Brooke Shields circa 1988).

5) I am a pillow turner. When I flip from one side to the other when I’m sleeping, I turn my pillow over to the other “cold” side. I do this all night long as I’m sleeping, just flipping my pillow from one side to the other over a dozen times a night for the "cool side."

6) I don’t untie my sneakers. I keep them tied all the time and just slide my foot in and out every time I wear them.

7) I have never been able to do a cartwheel. To this day, I have never done one (something else I have tried very hard at but failed!)

Tag, You're It!! Mrs. P, Perfectly Pink, & Quinn

17 Comments:

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

It's nice to continue to learn about you after all this time. :)

Sasha said...

I swear we are twins- your last three describe me EXACTLY!

Libby said...

Congratulations, you must be so proud of mini #1! Can I ask what the "other" name was, or is it classified information?

Monogram Momma said...

Thank you, Libby! And yes, the "other" name was Luciano. ;-)

a. said...

I am with you on #7.

Sew Gracious said...

ACK!!! I was tagged today and I was just coming to tag you, MM! Just sharing the love, girl!

You beat me to the punch! ;-)

Stefanie said...

I've never been able to do a cartwheel, either! Back in HS P.E. we had a gymnastics section and I was the ONLY person who couldn't do it. I feel your pain!

Ladybug said...

I do that with my pillow too!!

I will have to try that with the peanut butter Captain Crunch. It is one of my favorite cereals! Real peanut butter in ice cream is yummy too!!! :)

tommie said...

It is good when you find a good preschool!

My husband is a pillow flipper too..though I have never called it that.

Meg said...

Congrats to you and Mini #1 on making the move out of pre-school.

And amen to turning your pillow over to the cool side. I thought for sure I was the only one who does that.

Elizabeth H. said...

No. 1 totally cracks me up!!!

Love Mommas said...

I personally never saw the need to do a cartwheel ;-) Take that to mean, I can't do one for the life of me! I have tried and tried! Now that we have a little cupcake I fear she may be in trouble when it comes to learning. Luckily, my little sister is quite the gymnastics queen so she can teach her!

Farrell and Lauren said...

I have never been able to do a cartwheel either. I am a little bit bitter about it, to tell you the truth : ) Glad there are others out there with the same problem. (Sometimes when people make fun of me, I tell them it is because my legs are too long.)

Monogram Momma said...

You know, I really feel a lot better about not being able to do a cartwheel after hearing I am not alone. Seriuosly!

Unknown said...

You need a chillow to keep your pillow cold! I really enjoy your blog, keep up the good work!

Kelly said...

thanks for coming up with your seven! they were great!

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for the cartwheel-challenged! Never once have I ever done one and all my friends could! I felt like an elephant beside them!

Lovely post MM, especially your thoughts about your little Mini#1. Each stage is so lovely, and kindergarten will be just as lovely and full of adventure.