04 January, 2007

Getting Groovy


You all know I am a true prep at heart. I make no apologies attempts to hide that at all. But apparently monogram momma is also a little groovier than she thought too. Who knew?! You see, I never told you guys this, but a couple weeks ago I was approached by one of the family websites I read regularly, The Family Groove, and asked if they could interview me for their first installment of their new “Mom on the Street” feature. How cool is that?! So go check it out and click around The Family Groove while you’re there and make yourself at home. Oh, did I tell you you’ll also finally get a sneak peak at the real monogram momma?

CLICK HERE to take you directly to the article, and you can also read some other really great and inspiring words from some other super cool moms on the street too. And for those of you waiting for more ideas and projects, I swear they are headed your way. I’m still in the midst of packing up all the Christmas garb so next week we will be back to crafting and decorating as usual!



P.S. Welcome to anyone new finding their way to me via The Family Groove! Sit down, let me take your coat, make yourself comfortable and stay a while! Oh, and not to be rude, may I offer you a cocktail or appetizer?

17 Comments:

deb said...

any martini will do! ;) I love your blog and just found you. Can't wait to look around.

CHEERS!

Melissa said...

Oh my stars, your picture is just way too cute! Your interview is great!

a. said...

Congrats!

Cheap Preppy said...

Your interview was great, but I was hoping for a more recent pic! It is cute anyhow!

Susan said...

Loved the article -- great advice too!

J said...

Great interview! Congratulations :)

lisagh said...

Love the little portrait! I'm sure you've maintained the adorable quotient! Lovely.

Anonymous said...

how adorable!!!

Doodle Bugs said...

Great article! Congrats on being featured!

domestika said...

Congrats on the write-up. I just loved what you had to say about "Sanity & Friendships," in particular - so true, so true... Where would we be without our support group, even when it's *not* one of those put-the-keys-in-the-microwave days!
:-) Jen

Anonymous said...

Great interview!

Anonymous said...

why are you so annonymous?? we love you! you even told us your relatives names but nothing more about you! glad you had a wonderful holiday! keep the projects coming:)

Monogram Momma said...

Uh oh! Guess I'd better go back and change family members names! Just kidding.. all family names have been changed to protect the innocent (or guilty, maybe???)!

You are so sweet, Anonymous. But it's the one thing my husband asked of me when starting this blog, so if I'm not going to stay within my allotted weekly spending budget, at the very least, I can do this for him, no? ;-)

More projects coming i SWEAR. I've got some I'm working on this week once all this Christmas mess is put up and away. Thanks for your patience!

Anonymous said...

makes sense! i think my husband would be the same way. he made me close our smugmug account b/c it popped up pictures of us when our names were googled. oh well!

...and do whatever he says (regarding your blog!) b/c we want you to stay around a long time!!

Sarah said...

Great interview! My mom told me the very same thing about putting your marriage first when you have kids.

Susan Dench said...

Congrats, MM, what fun! And your pic is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie pie you were! Congratulations!