18 January, 2007

Cupcake Update & Review

Well, as you know I headed off yesterday to make those supremely delicious and beautiful hi-hat cupcakes yesterday. Let's just say, monogram momma's version could only be described as a low-riding hi-hat cupcake. *As I crank up the base on the stereo, checking out my low rider hi-hats*

So mine weren't *exactly* "high" per-sey, but in my defense, I had never in my life made a meringue icing and WOW- talk about a challenge. Geez! I had to throw out the first batter because after 30 minutes of trying to get it to thicken and desperately searching for a "high peak" in the icing, my mother-via a long distance emergency meringue teleconference- advised me it was a lost cause and to start again. UGHHHHHHH.

But regardless, they were still very delicious and definitely worth the trouble, although VERY sweet. So if you're craving a cupcake and craving something super sweet, then this is definitely for you.

So this morning I am busy running mini monogram #1 off to preschool, then dashing out to the airport to pick up Mr. Monograms dad & step-mom (who arrive a mere 30 minutes after Mini #1 has to be at school). It's frigid cold here but this momma is NOT complaining and I am instead, loving all the warm snugly sweaters and hats and scarves. If you're still interested in the Tabloid Fantasy league, then just pop me an email with "I WANT TO PLAY" in the subject and I'll get all the info to you. So far we've got an awesome group of 23 people from all over! AND, monogram momma reader, Alyson has even started a chat room/forum just for members of our league to chat and trash talk. WooHoo! It's getting pretty competitive!

Anyhow, I'll hop on later this afternoon. Chloe, I SWEAR TO YOU I am still working on this organization/office post for you!

10 Comments:

kstyle said...

I checked out the pic of the high hat cupcake. Awesome but then martha always makes things seem so simple. Bet they tasted good. k

Monogram Momma said...

OH yeah, I assure you, K, they were definitely not simple! But at least they were worth it!

J said...

At least they tasted yummy!

I'm eagerly awaiting your office organization post...I don't have a home office but my desk is in desperate need of help!

Libby said...

Thank goodness for moms and for long distance emergency meringue teleconferences! I'm sure the final product was delish!

SuburbanMom said...

Ooh, ooh, I want to do your coaster project. :)

Anonymous said...

Those cupcake photos are mouthwatering! Yum!

Anonymous said...

CLASSY SUPER BOWL PARTY TIPS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! IN ADVANCE! HELP!

Sarah said...

This is precisely why I adore you, MM. Who else could drop an old-school hip-hop reference in a post about cupcakes?!

Monogram Momma said...

Just keepin' it real for my peeps, Stl Sarah!

SBCVandy aka PreppyChemist said...

I would LOVE to get in on the tabloid fantasy league!